Live rock question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mcmcoker

Aquarium Advice Activist
For all intensive purposes my tank is about a month old, actually about 6 months old but to keep this short lets just say I had to recycle the tank so it's basically only a month old now. I have been doing water changes with pre filtered ro water however the last few times I've testes the ro water it had a tds level of 20 ppm so no perfect. Shortly after finishing the cycle I had a diatom outbreak and brown algae covered every rock in the tank. I bought a cuc that entailed 10 hermit crabs and 2 coraline snails. They did ok but weren't getting the job done fast enough so I went back and bought 2 huge Mexican turbo snails. They have single handedly removed every ounce of algae form the rocks. My question is In their wake they have left all my rocks looking completely white. The only other time I have seen my rocks white is when I had to do a in tank hypo treatment. Are they or could they be consuming the bb on the rocks or am I just getting worried for no reason. This is a 36 gallon tank with 40 lbs of LR and my water parameters are perfect except for phosphates which are at about .36 ppm

The bacteria is in the sand, crevices in the rock, the water...basically all over the place. They aren't getting that. It's probably white because they have eaten all the algae off.

The bacteria is in the sand, crevices in the rock, the water...basically all over the place. They aren't getting that. It's probably white because they have eaten all the algae off.

Thank you for the answer

Last I checked this was a forum for aquarium hobbyist to help one another not a place to puff ones chest over grammar. I obviously got my point across, I don't need know it alls like yourself to correct me in non aquarium related stuff. You clearly have nothing better to do if you spend your time scanning posts looking for grammar to correct. Really!

Amen Mcmcoker. I don't think you have anything to worry about. Sounds to me like the CuC you put in there are doing well :) The BB in your tank will continue to thrive I am sure!

If you are walking around and your zipper was down, would you want to know? If you had asnot hanging out of your nose, would you want to know? This is the same thing.

If you are walking around and your zipper was down, would you want to know? If you had asnot hanging out of your nose, would you want to know? This is the same thing.

asnot, hmm... I suppose you meant ( a snot ) just want to make sure I'm understanding you correctly. Way to look like an idiot on the back of being the grammar nazi

#1 I didn't correct your grammer just your idiom. Use a dictionary.
#2 Look at a keyboard, a and s next to one another, that is a typo.
#3 Way to start name calling when someone points out a mistake, very mature.
#4 Please continue to wallow in your ignorance, obviously self improvement does not interest you.

Done with you.

#1 I didn't correct your grammer just your idiom. Use a dictionary. #2 Look at a keyboard, a and s next to one another, that is a typo. #3 Way to start name calling when someone points out a mistake, very mature. #4 Please continue to wallow in your ignorance, obviously self improvement does not interest you. Done with you.
This is an aquarium forum not a English/grammar forum. And you did know what he was talking about. Js

Cut it out guys. lol really? Gonna go back and forth all day about it?

We know what he meant, and for the most part, people try to type as correctly as they can. No big deal, some people just arent very good at certain things.

So, op did we scare you away with all this? LOL

Cut it out guys. lol really? Gonna go back and forth all day about it? We know what he meant, and for the most part, people try to type as correctly as they can. No big deal, some people just arent very good at certain things. So, op did we scare you away with all this? LOL

Definitely not lol, not going to let one spelling/grammar nazi ruin what has otherwise been a very helpful forum.

And chefbill or teacher bill which ever you would like to go by, next time I run into a spelling issue I will hit you up for sure

Back
Top Bottom