Live rock question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jcj0033

Aquarium Advice Freak
So I decided that I want to order love rock from a company in Florida. They offer lots of different types of live rock with coralline algae an different corals and sponges on the actual rock. My question is will the coralline Algae and the corals and sponges and micro organisms die while the tank is cycling from the new rock, and my next question is it safe to have different kinds of live rock in your together from different parts of the world?

My recommendation.....skip it and get maybe 95% base rock and get one small piece of cycled live rock from someone or some store you know. Problem with buying live rock is that it comes with all kinds of hitch hikers. Both good and bad. The problem is that the bad may survive and drive you mad. Not to mention base rock is sooooooo much cheaper and you can put that saved money toward something else.

It depends. Coraline will not die, nor will the BB. Some corals will make it, but keep in mind it's normally just little polyps. Yes you can mix different types of rock.

Back
Top Bottom