Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 12-12-2004, 08:25 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Live Rock Question

Has anyone ordered live rock from liveaquari.com They have a sale on their Fiji, 45 pounds for $99 bucks , with shipping I can get it to my door for a little over three bucks a pound. I need another 200 pounds so I need to find some at a good price. Seems like a good place but I would like a first hand experience on the matter if possible

Old 12-12-2004, 08:47 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict

I bought some rock a few months back when they were running this special. It's decent rock. Nothing spectacular. My box was damaged when I got it and the rock was kinda dry. I saw no life on the rocks, not even a crab but got some really nice shaped rocks. And a nice size mix. Make sure you cure it when you get it. It took mine about four weeks to cure.

Old 12-12-2004, 09:51 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Addict

For LR it is a god price. Just remember, you get what you pay for. Do not expect to see tons of life, colors or hitchhikers from this rock. It will probably just be regular rock with some purple coraline on it. YO will need to cure it again. For the price, it is a good deal.
Old 12-12-2004, 10:21 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Freak

I ordered 45lbs fiji LR this past Fri for $99 from Liveaquaria.com. They have a 14 days return policy no question ask. Its a good deal.JMO
Old 12-12-2004, 10:37 PM   #5
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Thanks for the advice, as usual you seem to always get what you pay for. I may order half from liverock.com and half from them to split it up a little. The last I bought locally was $7.50 a pound and didnt have any goodies either so I'm accustomed to that part of it, lol

Tags
live, live rock, rock

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com