Live Rock Shipment Delayed... thanks alot DHL!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

slugo

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I just checked with DHL about my live rock delivery that I was expecting today from Liverocks.com. They told me it was delayed in transit and will not be delivered until tomorrow. I can't pick it up at their depot tomorrow because I'll be at work in the morning. Does anyone know how this will affect the live rocks. Will I have much die off of the hitchhikers and the coraline? Or will I be OK if they can deliver it about noon tomorrow?
Thanks!

It all depends on your temps. Coraline should be fine but your hitchhikers may suffer. Is the shipment not guaranteed overnight?

I had a similar situation with DHL. The driver was new and could not find my address so the package went back to the warehouse. Long story short...DHL customer service was in contact with me several times as they tracked my package. They then sent a driver out that evening with my package. While it was not an ideal situation their customer service was outstanding. You should also contact Mike at liverocks.com ASAP and let him know what is going on. He will make things right for you. Once agian...outstanding customer service. If you get the rock tomorrow it should still be okay, however, I reccommed curing again outside of the main because there will be some considerable die-off due to the extra transport time. Good luck and keep us posted.

Back
Top Bottom