Live sand

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Saltwaterman

Aquarium Advice Regular
S it possible to add live sand in a saltwater tank that been running for a while with regular sand?

Where is the "live" sand coming from? I wouldn't bother with the bagged stuff. Your own sand probably has more life in it already.

- D

Possible, yes. Worth the hassle? Probably not. Why are you wanting to add to your sand bed? And like Don said, your sand is just as, if not more than, alive as the bagged stuff.

True, very true. I just thought maybe live sand would help my aquarium, but as you said,y sand probably has more live organisms then bought live sand.

Not the tank the sand. It's covered with algae and I thought live sand would help losen it

If you have cyano then something is a miss. :)

Overfeeding, overstocking can cause excess nutrients in the water which is what algae and cyano feed off of. Do you use ro/di water?

carey said:
If you have cyano then something is a miss. :)

Overfeeding, overstocking can cause excess nutrients in the water which is what algae and cyano feed off of. Do you use ro/di water?

Doing none of those for sure. And yes I am

"Everything is perfect" is never the correct answer to a request for numbers. Cyano does not require much excess to get started, but once established, it can go wild. Any areas of low flow will also aid it's formation.

MacDracor said:
"Everything is perfect" is never the correct answer to a request for numbers. Cyano does not require much excess to get started, but once established, it can go wild. Any areas of low flow will also aid it's formation.

I got lots of circulation, I'll see what I can about the flow I guess

Saltwaterman said:
Everything is perfect

Then clearly you wouldn't be posting this thread lol there's a reason for it you just gotta find it

Patrick93 said:
Then clearly you wouldn't be posting this thread lol there's a reason for it you just gotta find it

It's what I don't get, my water parameters are good but algae is overtaken.

Back
Top Bottom