Live Sand

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FlyingL0

Aquarium Advice Activist
Im new to the salt water scene so I have a million questions. Im in the process of setting up my tank now (50 gallon). Do I need to make sure my levels are correct before I can add the live sand or can I add it in right away?

If you're just adding your first water fill-up, you won't have any readings of anything. The live sand will start thing going (slowly, I think) Live rock would be a great starter for your cycling, that's what I wish I had done. A pound per gallon would be good to start, then add more later on. Or, add 1 to 2 pounds per gallon right up front. Liverocks.com rock is SUPER!

I haven't added the salt yet either. I picked that up today. Is it ok that I do the salt and live sand at the same time?

If you're putting the live sand in, the water should have the salt already mixed. Do you have a hydrometer so you can get the right amount of salt in there?

yah, I do have a hydrometer. My plan is to get the salinity correct tonight and dump the sand tommorow.

Back
Top Bottom