live sand question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kloppy

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
k i got a 20 gallon tank and i am wondering if i want to put live sand in how much would i need? is 10 pounds enough or would i need more than that? thx a lot

Check out the calculators at the top of this page. You just need your tank dimensions and how deep you want the sand. I'm pretty sure that you will want more than 10 #'s!

alright thx for that and i got another ??? will like 10 bumble bee snails and 5 Dwarf Blue Leg Hermit Crab be ok in the tank or would that not be good?

I have recently discovered that cleaner shrimp (skunks and pepps) make an excellent cleanup crew and may even negate the need for other cleanup crews such as snails and crabs. They do less harm than crabs can and will not flip upside down like snails. It makes sense that if you remove the source of nitrate (uneaten food and other detritus) you remove the fuel for algae and therefore don't need snails and crabs. For your tank I would suggest 2 skunk cleaners and 4 peppermint shrimp. Or to save money just 1/2 dozen pepps.
Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom