Live stock identification ressource

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

madcaptains

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hello,
Here is something I am working on. This is a blog about live stock identification. There is still many missing species but I thing this can be usefull to some of us. Here it is: http://aquariumslife.com

Hope that will help someone.

Looks pretty good. You say this is your project? I`ll have to keep this in my links. Again it`s very nice.

Thank you for your feedback. Yes it's my project. I have been working on that for the last 2 months.
I now realize it's gonna take me a while before to finish it. I try to add a few new species each weeks.

by the way, if you visit the site, there is a few picture on the main index page. I am looking for a confirmation about their ID. If any one know that would be appreciate

Thanks

Picture 1: Possible Clavulariidae sp. unless polyps protruding from a hard sheath that I cannot distinguish.
Picture 2: I'm guessing Goniopora because of the less bulbous tips and since each polyp looks to have 24 tentacles unlike Alveopora with only 12.
Picture 3: Capnella sp.
Picture 4: Blastomussa merleti if corralites are tubular.
Picture 5 and 6: Don't Know
Picture 7: Which are you asking about? Tough call either way without detailed pictures.

Hi,
Thank you for your help. I'll get some more picture of the #1 tomorrow.
I am also thinking at Goniopora for #2. I am trying to count tentacles on a larger picture. It's so small it's hard to be sure but I count between 22 and 24 tentacles.

Back
Top Bottom