Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 02-04-2006, 10:26 PM   #11
Aquarium Advice Freak

I just looked at this and I dont know about you all but it sounds like the betta in a vase craze to me.

Old 02-04-2006, 10:33 PM   #12
Aquarium Advice Freak

Send a message via AIM to degbowl
I don't think it would work either.

Old 02-05-2006, 05:03 PM   #13
Aquarium Advice Addict

Just out of curiosity...how much was it, how much do you get? It is time to find another LFS. The beneficial bacteria needed in a SW tank exists in the substrate and on LR. A very small amount is actually free-floating in the water collum. Sorry, there is no such thing as "live water". What a great marketing ploy. however.
Old 02-05-2006, 06:46 PM   #14
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Send a message via Yahoo to Florida8
Hi Everyone... Chiming in, I posted about this here some months back ... I'm in Florida and every LFS has it just about, Aqua Zoo was the 1st place that I saw it. It is about 14 bucks for the boxed bag of water, it's maybe 3 or 4 gallons?

They almost sold me on for the nano, because then DH could help on PWC with out mixing., just remove old and add new premixed and all the goodies it has listed. Reading the box and info sounds great, but I got scared and didn't want to risk it.

There are some people there who swear by it, customers as well. But I will still to the ole' power head and IO in a 5 gal bucket
29g reef
2 ph and 1 HOB =460 gph
130watt Orbit lighting system
50+lbs lr
1 blue green chromis, domino, blue devil
6 turbo snails
1 mantis GRRRR!
Florida8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2006, 09:25 PM   #15
Aquarium Advice Addict

It's only benefit may be in the way of conveince. I am sure you can buy premade SW from the LFS for far less then what they are charging for this "real" SW.
Old 02-05-2006, 09:57 PM   #16
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Lando,

hmmm... this is a little off the main post topic, but I was going to buy water from the 2 local fish stores when I had a child dump their dinner plate in my main tank, I went and prior to buying the water I asked if they ran copper in their system they said they did, always, both did... so I instead, set up 2x10 temp tanks with homemade IO water while I broke my main tank down...

I aksed them because someone mentioned it here, about copper being in a lot of LFS water... can you introduce other things to our home tanks from their water as well? Ick? Or does that have to have a host 24/7... Just curious... What do you need to ask about buying water from the LFS, or do I need to find one that offers RO sw water made to sell?
29g reef
2 ph and 1 HOB =460 gph
50+lbs lr
6 turbo snails
1 mantis GRRRR!
Old 02-05-2006, 10:55 PM   #17
Aquarium Advice Addict

In general, it is not good practice to introduce any water from the LFS that comes from their livestock tanks. the water in the bags that comes home with new fish etc, should NOT be dumped into the tanks for various reasons (meds, disease, high in NH3 from the transport). You can buy mixed SW from the LFS providing it comes from clean mixing tanks and has not been introduced into the "general poplation".
Old 02-05-2006, 11:09 PM   #18
Aquarium Advice FINatic

I see, thanks!

The 2 lfs I went to do not mix clean fresh sw, they have everything all plumbed together into one huge unit, and they sell that water, it's not even new clean water, they call it nice & aged LOL, not the good bacteria I want I'm sure... ewwwwwww right?
29g reef
2 ph and 1 HOB =460 gph
50+lbs lr
6 turbo snails
1 mantis GRRRR!
Old 02-08-2006, 12:06 PM   #19
Tex
Aquarium Advice Freak

Our local Petco sells natural seawater for $10 a gallon. Naturesocean brand, I think but wouldn't swear by it. They had a big pallet of it sitting in the floor so I suppose someone buys it or they wouldn't have it in stock.

Seemed rather "fishy" to me.
Old 02-08-2006, 12:14 PM   #20
Aquarium Advice Freak

Send a message via AIM to degbowl
That is the one we were talking about. They come in 2.2 gal and 4.4 gal containers. I don't know why they come in such strange amounts. I don't trust it either.

Tags
live

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com