LiveAquaria Breeding Ultra Rare McCulloch's Clownfish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Why not link right to the Live Aquaria site?

Those fish are neat but really $5000 a pair? Im sorry but I have a decent job and I would never even dream of spending 2500 dollars a fish. People who spend that kind of money on fish must have more money then they know what to do with

To be honest I don't think ill ever spend over $50 dollars a fish or coral.

Do any of you guys also set yourself limits to how much you will spend on a single speciman?

Those fish are neat but really $5000 a pair? Im sorry but I have a decent job and I would never even dream of spending 2500 dollars a fish. People who spend that kind of money on fish must have more money then they know what to do with

Do any of you guys also set yourself limits to how much you will spend on a single speciman?

I agree with you about their price tag, but the people that would most likely purchase them would be people interested in breeding them and recouping their money. I think it's a good thing they are breeding, but wish they'd come down on the price tag so that they could be more widely available to help breeders and therefor reduce collection eventually. There are sure to be some stupid rich people out there too though.

I have limits, but I've gone past them before too. ;) My most expensive fish was $60 (Yasha goby).

Yeah Gobys are neat, I like them and jawfish. I think my first new purchase when my tank is done cycling is going to be a yellowheaded jawfish.

I'll probably have to go over my $50 dollar limit when I start buying coral. I will do my best not to, definately never drop over a grand on a fish. Even $200 is out of the question.

Yeah Gobys are neat, I like them and jawfish. I think my first new purchase when my tank is done cycling is going to be a yellowheaded jawfish.

I'll probably have to go over my $50 dollar limit when I start buying coral. I will do my best not to, definately never drop over a grand on a fish. Even $200 is out of the question.

Sounds like we have very similar limits. lol

For corals, I swear by the local club. Cheap frags of amazing stuff! Plus I prefer to grow it out myself.

Yeah there is a St Louis Mo reef club I am going to have to look more into once I am able to host coral.

I will politely disagree on this point. The rare clowns are just insane i would never spend anywhere close to that. Especially because, while they do look neat, they are nothing spectacular. They are just rare. I think spending money just to get something rare is just silly. On the other hand there are some more expensive fish that are just really beautiful. I am willing to pay some extra money for a fish that will add that extra something to the tank. Coral are really this way too. ORA frags are really expensive comparatively but i have seen how they grow out and they really do blow most coral out of the water. Just high quality stuff.

Back
Top Bottom