Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 09-06-2003, 10:54 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice FINatic

liveaquaria.com's beginner coral pack

would this be a good pack to get as my first corals in a 35g 110 watt pc tank?

http://www.liveaquaria.com/product/p...=22&pCatId=714

thank you very much
ross v

Old 09-06-2003, 11:18 PM   #2
AA Team Emeritus

Send a message via ICQ to fishfreek Send a message via AIM to fishfreek Send a message via MSN to fishfreek Send a message via Yahoo to fishfreek
The corals listed would do fine for your tank but I do have to say that 4 corals for $98 seems awful high expecially since shipping is not even included yet.

Check out our articles area. 30+ Aquatic articles for your enjoyment
Are you in or around the Shenandoah Valley area? If so click here to join our regional forum.
fishfreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2003, 02:15 AM   #3
cj10488

I would check out some of the local LFS stores and see what prices they could give you on the exact same items.. I plan on getting that pack as well but having my LFS take care of it as they should only be $15ea or $20ea and you wouldnt even have to pay for shipping.. BTW do you have to QT corals when you bring them home?
Old 09-07-2003, 10:22 AM   #4
AA Team Emeritus

Send a message via ICQ to fishfreek Send a message via AIM to fishfreek Send a message via MSN to fishfreek Send a message via Yahoo to fishfreek
I dont quarinteen corals but you should acclomate them slowly via the drip method. I often acclomate them for an hour or so driping water from the tank into a styrofoam box that the corals are in with the water they where shipped in.

Check out our articles area. 30+ Aquatic articles for your enjoyment
Are you in or around the Shenandoah Valley area? If so click here to join our regional forum.
fishfreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2003, 02:23 PM   #5
Aquarium Advice FINatic

thanks for the info guys. I'll check out my lfs and some other online stores and try to get a better deal =)

Tags
beginner, coral, live

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com