LiveRock/LavaRock

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Hara

Aquarium Advice Addict
Can anyone tell me if/why one could not put lava rock in a sump along with some seeder Live rock and ultimately end up with live lava rock?

It seems like it should do the exact same thing as fiji liverock would do.
What am I missing in the equation. Obviously something, or everyone would be doing it. I am talking about 200 lbs of it,on top of a DSB.

I have thought about the same thing. But for some reason, I thought I read some where that it was tried, and did not work for some reason. But for the life of me, can't remember where I read it.

But I'll tag along with this thread since I too am interested...

I thought I read that most Lava rock contains Iron and thats why we should not place it in the aquarium but if thats untrue then In theory it should very well work... You might want to check with Liverocs.com as the aquaculture their own and see if they can give ya any pointers Hara..

HTH,
James

from what ive read about lava rock is that one its not a good reef rock due to the heavy metals in the rock which would leach out !! unless your talking about something else !!

Back
Top Bottom