Liverocks.com

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

riptide

Aquarium Advice Regular
Whats is the general consensus on the "Keys" rock from Liverocks.com? I am starting new 150Gal and plan on 300lbs LR and 150-200lbs reef sand with 55 gallon refugium and 40 gtallon mixing sump...

Have heard nothing but positive response about them. Do a search i know there is alot of pictures of there stuff up here.

I think it is great rock, especially the keys stuff, and since youre getting sand you might as well order some live sand from them as well.

I have had nothing but positive results with that rock.

Hope your tank turns out great! :)

Order rock from them, great rock and even better customer support!!

Whats is the general consensus on the "Keys" rock from Liverocks.com
I have personally ordered 100lbs and plan on ordering another 40 within the next month.. It is truely awesome.. Looks better than the fiji I got locally...

James

Just ordered mine, it will be here Thursday (or at least at the airport where I'm picking it up).

jarrette said:
better than tampa bay saltwater?
Equivlent IMO. Both are FL aquaculture rock. Both have aquaculture plots off the coast of FL in the ocean. Both have had the rock in these plots for the last few years. So in my mind the tampa bay saltwater rock or the liverocks.com rock would be simular in quality as far as growth and life.

Our gulf reef site is further offshore and has a little different types of life
forms on it but not very different. All of our seed rock is from the same place
where they have some good seed and some not so good. All in all our gulf rock is
very similar.
The keys rock blows them away. Our keys lease sites are producing the finest
live rock in the industry. We use the same seed rock but our site location is
better and was set 850,000 pounds at one site and just under 300,000 pounds on
the other. Both sites were built by hand in one month so they created a full
reef environment immediately. They build their reef a little at a time and never
attracted the diversity of life we have. I think they are still building theirs,
we have been growing in the keys since 1998. One other thing, we build our reefs
very different than they do. I will not say exactly but it has to do with the
size of the rock we mix on our reefs and the shape we form the reefs into.
The real difference is our customer service, packaging and price.

liverocks.com

I would look at www.floridaliverock.com aka Gulf-view as well. I have rock from them, Liverocks.com and Fiji rock. There coraline rock was the best I have got yet. Coraline colors were everywhere and had a lot of sponges on it too.

Back
Top Bottom