Liverocks.com order received (with crabs) Keep-em or not???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jeffw85

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Should I lose the crabs or not? Saw at least 3 different kinds today as I unpacked my order. Little (brown & white) ones, 1.5" wide very dark brown ones, and some really furry dark ones, The largest couldn't have been 1.75" wide.

I,ve read on the mantis shrimp thing but need to check on theser also.

Thanks in advance

Jeff W
Evansville, IN

It depends if you want crabs in your tank. What do you have (or planning on having)? I'd be on alert fro the mantis, though. Don't be too quick to boot them, do a little research to see if you can handle them or not.

My unwanted crabs are patrolling my qt tank while trying to avoid capture from my cc star.

I kept mine at first but eventually removed them all. I still have a few porcelin crabs(filter feeders) but the brown and fuzzys, I would remove or put them in a crab tank - what I did.

BTW, what part of E-ville you in? I grew up there and now live near Louisville, KY.

I picked out everyone that I could and left the rest to fend for themselves.

The ones I picked out are hanging out in my QT as well. They will probably end up puffer food.

LFS in Louisville told me Eville was big on saltwater. Never saw any while I was there but that has been a few years.

Good luck with the rock. Liverocks.com sells some good stuff.

i live 45 mins south of louisville....what lfs do u use? i like feeders supply on preston highway...they have a huge selection compared to what im used to seeing

Feeders on Preston is really good but there is a saltwater only LFS. It is called Aquatica. He sells just about anything. It is out on the east end though. It is off blankenbaker which is off I-64.

I kept mine just to look at until I got fish , but I started to take them out because they are very evil. I ended up with like 39 crabs. I left all of the good guys in, but the hairy crab(gorrila crabs) will try to eat everything. they are hard to get out too.

Back
Top Bottom