liverocks.com worth it?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mastershake

Aquarium Advice Activist
just from looking at the pics it seems like all the rocks are pretty rounded. Also though its not LR.com's fault, dhl doesnt seem to be doing very good with the shipping, and also, dealing with the mantises and such... i was really interested in them but as of late it seems like it might be more hassle than its worth,

Mainly i wanna how what the general size and shape of the rocks are, if they are all 6 inch ovals or ballsor somerthing, then i think id rather get some more expensive but hand picked stuff or soemthing...

im hoping to buy rock this week or next, so any help or comments or whatever on this wou be great, thanks

If you call them, tell them exactly what you are looking for. They are going soon to get new rock, so i'm sure they could find some interesting pieces for you, just be sure to tell them what kind you'd like. I am certain they'd hook you up.

Jim

Jim is right. Just give them a call and let them know what you want. Wonderful customer service.

Mike will pull your special order for no xtra charge, just let him know what you want.

When I called them they wanted me to send them the dimensions of my 44 gallon pentagon so that they could fit together pieces that would work for my tank.

I'm pretty sure they'll be more than happy to get you what you need.

I have the LR.com rock. The only bad things I can say about it are that it is dense so you will need a bit more then say if you went with fiji. It also looks a little "boulderish", but the color and life is very nice. So it's a toss up. When you get Fiji and other uncured lr chance are it will be void of life (except for some pods) and the color usually bleaches off for a few weeks, but them comes back.

But yes those guys at LR.com are great and they have a very nice product!

There's a comment box (if you order off the internet) where you can specify what kind of rocks you are looking for (size, shape, and color), and they'll try to get it for you.

The best part is they're out on a 5000 lb. harvest right now and they're taking orders on a "first to order first to ship" basis. I ordered mine today so I have a while to wait (shipping starts the 21st), but that's ok. It's gonna be coming fresh out of The Keys.

Oh and Ron and Mike are really great guys. I can't stress enough how good thier customer service has been so far!!

Another good place is Tampa Bay Saltwater. That is where I found alot of nice pieces at. My rock has lots of types of coral on the rock.

Back
Top Bottom