Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 02-10-2005, 10:55 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Activist

liverocks.com worth it?

just from looking at the pics it seems like all the rocks are pretty rounded. Also though its not LR.com's fault, dhl doesnt seem to be doing very good with the shipping, and also, dealing with the mantises and such... i was really interested in them but as of late it seems like it might be more hassle than its worth,

Mainly i wanna how what the general size and shape of the rocks are, if they are all 6 inch ovals or ballsor somerthing, then i think id rather get some more expensive but hand picked stuff or soemthing...

im hoping to buy rock this week or next, so any help or comments or whatever on this wou be great, thanks

Old 02-10-2005, 11:14 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Freak

If you call them, tell them exactly what you are looking for. They are going soon to get new rock, so i'm sure they could find some interesting pieces for you, just be sure to tell them what kind you'd like. I am certain they'd hook you up.

Jim

Old 02-11-2005, 12:11 AM   #3
Aquarium Advice Addict

Jim is right. Just give them a call and let them know what you want. Wonderful customer service.
Old 02-11-2005, 01:00 AM   #4
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via AIM to XXFirefighter Send a message via Yahoo to XXFirefighter
Top notch guys over there !
Old 02-11-2005, 11:29 AM   #5
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Mike will pull your special order for no xtra charge, just let him know what you want.
Old 02-11-2005, 11:33 AM   #6
Aquarium Advice FINatic

When I called them they wanted me to send them the dimensions of my 44 gallon pentagon so that they could fit together pieces that would work for my tank.

I'm pretty sure they'll be more than happy to get you what you need.

And the men who spurred us on sit in judgment of all wrong, they decide and the shotgun sings the song.

125 SW
80 lb LR
330w PC
Euphyllia, Alveopora, Pachyclauvularia (Metallic Green and Daisy), Frogspawn, Torch, Gold Nepthea, Kenya Tree, Galaxea, Pulsing Xenia, various leather (umbrella, toadstool, fingers, devil fingers, lettuce)
Maroon Clown/White tip LT anemone, Powder Blue Tang, Female Swallow Angel, SixLine Wrasse, Solar Fairy Wrasse, Firefish, Fathead Anthias, Blue Mandarin, 3 Chromis, 3 Green Gobies
Clown Monarch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2005, 12:51 PM   #7
Aquarium Advice Freak

I have the LR.com rock. The only bad things I can say about it are that it is dense so you will need a bit more then say if you went with fiji. It also looks a little "boulderish", but the color and life is very nice. So it's a toss up. When you get Fiji and other uncured lr chance are it will be void of life (except for some pods) and the color usually bleaches off for a few weeks, but them comes back.

But yes those guys at LR.com are great and they have a very nice product!
Old 02-11-2005, 05:28 PM   #8
Aquarium Advice Activist

thanks all, i think ill order some rock from them soon and see what i get
Old 02-11-2005, 05:46 PM   #9
Aquarium Advice Freak

There's a comment box (if you order off the internet) where you can specify what kind of rocks you are looking for (size, shape, and color), and they'll try to get it for you.

The best part is they're out on a 5000 lb. harvest right now and they're taking orders on a "first to order first to ship" basis. I ordered mine today so I have a while to wait (shipping starts the 21st), but that's ok. It's gonna be coming fresh out of The Keys.

Oh and Ron and Mike are really great guys. I can't stress enough how good thier customer service has been so far!!
Old 02-11-2005, 06:05 PM   #10
Aquarium Advice Regular

Another good place is Tampa Bay Saltwater. That is where I found alot of nice pieces at. My rock has lots of types of coral on the rock.

Tags
live, rock

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com