Livestock for a 57 gallon reef

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jonathan0909

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hey guys need help choosing what fish to go with. Some that are colorful and active. Any thoughts?

Clownfish (duh! they're always amazing)
blue reef chromis are colorful and active
coral beauty
wrasse's are nice, i find the sixline wrasse incredibly beautiful and active

if you have a top or an enclosed tank canopy, some nano fish would be cool too. firefish, watchman goby, clown goby, etc

In my 57 reef, I have 2 Percula Clowns, 2 black bar chromis, 1 royal gramma, 1 anthias, and 1 coral banded shrimp. They all seem to get along great.

What anemone would be best for the 2 clowns to share? (if they share it)

You should wait on the anemone until you have more knowledge and an established tank! My clowns drove my anemone nuts and made it move around and harass my corals.

Best anemones for clowns Imo are the long tentacles and bubble tips.

scottayy said:
You should wait on the anemone until you have more knowledge and an established tank! My clowns drove my anemone nuts and made it move around and harass my corals.

Should I get the clowns first or anemone?

6 months is not long at all when talking about a reef tank. A tank needs to be mature and established to responsibly add a nem. A lot of very experienced reef keepers would argue even 6 months is not long enough and it can take 2 years for a system to truly establish and stabilize.

Not going to work with other fish. Seahorses are some of the most difficult and sensitive species kept in captivity.

Which fish do you want?

Seahorses are not compatible with clowns, anthias, any damsels, and most others. They are not at all for new tanks or beginner hobbiests.

Back
Top Bottom