Lobster

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Hardridge

Aquarium Advice Freak
My blue lobster ate my cardinal is this normal is it time to take him out of the reef?

image-2426525744.jpg

Lobsters can be aggressive and if they can catch something it's fair game. :( I've seen that lobster in a video about the Great Barrier Reef...man do they get huge.

I like him but he may have meet up with some butter haha

Soft corals Xenia hard corals. Couple BTA blennies gobies tangs various shrimp

Yeah, I've read a few posts about lobsters eating anything that they can get a hold of, and cardinals tend to "hover" in one place- easy prey. I would take the lobster out and take back to the LFS.

Sorry it didn't work out and you had to lose a fish in the process...Getting an invert to replace him or a fish to replace the cardinal?

Not sure I have a yellow tang and sailfin thking about another tang what you think?

That would be great it's 120. It's 48 by 18 and 34 tall. I know tangs need bigger and when they need it I will be upgrading to a180

Wouldn't recommend getting another tang, especially since the other are already established and might be too territorial and fight.

Oh didn't see that you said you'd consider upgrading to a 180...I'll let other people share their opinions. Might have a few tang police step in!

Okay...here we go:

Glass eye squirrelfish-so cool looking
Foxface-love the color
Small school (3) of anthias would be cool (I have
a bartletts anthias and she's very peaceful)
Small school of bangaii cardinals (3)
A big starry blenny- I have one and love the
antennae. Lol
How about a black/white oscellaris clown (or 2)
or an orange one? Or any of the newer
"fashionable" ones?
Of course wrasses are off the list cuz it looks like an open top. :(

I have 2 blk white clowns and a stsry eyed had 2 B cards. Lobster got one fox face? Which kind?

Back
Top Bottom