Local frag swap was AWESOME!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jamal-188

Aquarium Advice Addict
I got 10 or so frags today and a couple clams. It was a lot of fun and I think what I got is very nice at was pretty cheap! Here is a pic of everything floating/acclimating. I'll have some more pics tomorrow when the lights are on and hopefully everything begins to open. I wanted a pic birds nest frag soooo bad and it happened to be that both guys that had them never made it but no big deal, I love everything else!!

Hey Chris, I might be taking a run down to TFP in a few days. They have any sps in stock? I can't get anything around here. :?

We usually have a decent selection with some SPS's but it really depends on what time of week and how busy the weekend was. I actually just got a promotion and I'm working in the purchasing/receiving/billing department mainly SW fish/inverts/corals etc... so if there is someting in particular you are looking for I can try to get it in for you but I cannot promise anything :wink:

I cannot remember off the top of my head what all I got today but...
5" Crocea
5" T. Maxima
green star polyps
green leather sinularia
encrusting gorgonian
orange monti cap
blue tip stag
pink nana
2 tiny blasto merlitti polyps
Super green leather(almost looks radioactive)
Green Montipora Digitia
Think that may be it.....pics tomorrow :D

Which day of the week do they get their livestock shipments? I'm not really looking for anything specific now.....just going to go on impulse. 8)

It really depends on what we sell and who we get stuff from, I'll check at work tomorrow and let you know when it's comming this week.

Here are a few pics of the frags and of a xmax tree and a fire coral I got this week. Some of the pics are missing because the coral wasn't open or I couldn't get a good shot(can never seem to get good shots of clams :evil:)

It's hard to tell from the pics but most frags were 3-4", the xmas is about 7-8" when fully opened, the fire is probably 5-6" long and my two clams are about 4-5"

few more, not liking the way this monti looks :cry: He broke so I tryed to glue him back together, should have just mounted the pieces seperatly.....tips looked bleached

still more, monti cap is looking a little pale/bleeched as well...

yet more, almost a whole tank shot, can't get everything in. Still some re-arranging to do but I want to acclimate it all to my lighting. Will have pics of the clams up when/if I can get some good ones.

Sorry for the late response, but our large order of corals is comming tomorrow(thursday). We ordered 10 or 12 show quality corals that should be really nice but probably over $100 each... dont' know what they will be until we open them up tomorrow :) There will also be a decent amount of various other corals plus we have a pretty decent selection now.

I'll be there tomorrow Chris. I figure if I leave here about 10 AM I should get there about 12:30. Maybe I'll get lucky and they will have them out by then, but that's about the only time I can make it down there this week. If your working at that time, maybe we can finally meet in person. :D

Sounds good, I think the order should be there by then but I can't promise and it might not all be unpacked. I should be there at that time but I go to lunch from 1-2 :wink:

Back
Top Bottom