LOL!!!! Watch this!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'll have to agree..just ordered yet another tank just to get one of these little freaks ;)
(And the woman thought the puffer was fun to watch!)

What is the minimize size tank to hold a Mantis Shrimp? I know that small varieties exist, and was thinking that one of these small varieties might be an interesting pet for a 12-gallon nanacube if they would be happy in a tank of that size.

Wow. I may have to make a 12-gallon nanocube and a green mantis shrimp my first marine tank! Those are amazing and beautiful creatures.

So, what would be safe to place in a tank with a mantis shrimp? I know all fish, crabs, etc. are probably out (except as food!), but what about snails? urchins? corals? Can anything else live with one of these little terrors?

I wouldn't mind dedicating a tank to such a creature. They are pretty astonishing, and should make an interesting and fun pet (as long as you know what you're getting into...).

Yes 10G.

From a post in RC, a guy has a mantis in a nano with some corals (ones that mantis doesn't touch) and some aggressive fish that know how to avoid the shrimp. I was shocked when i read it this morning but my friend said it is possible

Back
Top Bottom