Long Nose butterfly better than Copper Banded Butterfly?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hara said:
If your water is stable at what you just listed, the water quality is not killing your fish. I will assume your temp is stable. That being said, I would still feed the fish every other day only.

Can you come up with a correlation between the fish that die and where you are buying them from?

Yes, the Temp is ALWAYS at 78-79.

As for where I buy them from, No. There is maybe 6 LFS's that I frequent. I have had success and deaths from all of them..

I purchased my 4 CB's from 4 Different places. All of them died.

That is why I am struck to figure out why my stuff dies. If I could trace it to a LFS, or trace it to something I'm doing/not doing I'd be very happy. But I just can't figure it out.

-TheChad

Hmmmm....that is a strange situation. I agree with what Hara said....I only feed every other day and I don't feed the same type of food consecutively. A break in the feeding cycle can help your fish stay "feeding prone" My Powder Brown for instance would only eat Nori when I first got it...now it will eat anything I feed the tank, even mysis and brine. Maybe I have just had "good luck", either way you look at it nature doesn't feed it's critters all day every day...they have to hunt and peck for their meals in the ocean and I try to make it similar to that in my tanks....I hope that makes sense....and helps!

Ziggy953 said:
Hmmmm....that is a strange situation. I agree with what Hara said....I only feed every other day and I don't feed the same type of food consecutively. A break in the feeding cycle can help your fish stay "feeding prone" My Powder Brown for instance would only eat Nori when I first got it...now it will eat anything I feed the tank, even mysis and brine. Maybe I have just had "good luck", either way you look at it nature doesn't feed it's critters all day every day...they have to hunt and peck for their meals in the ocean and I try to make it similar to that in my tanks....I hope that makes sense....and helps!

Maybe what I feed is the problem?

I have brine, but don't use it because everyone says its like candy, and doesn't provide anything a fish needs to survive.

So I only feed Mysis. Is there something else I should feed?

Thanks,

-TheChad

I use F1 and F2 Frozen brine and LIVE mysis...my fuge is a breeding ground....I have thousands and I mean thousands!! I also feed ORA Glo it's a pellet type food and the fish love it...I don't fee a lot of any one type of food but I do rotate it...the only thing that I put in the tank regularly is the seaweed for the tang and CB.....

Ziggy953 said:
I use F1 and F2 Frozen brine and LIVE mysis...my fuge is a breeding ground....I have thousands and I mean thousands!! I also feed ORA Glo it's a pellet type food and the fish love it...I don't fee a lot of any one type of food but I do rotate it...the only thing that I put in the tank regularly is the seaweed for the tang and CB.....

I am thinking I will need to get a fuge, or convert my sump to a fuge (If that's possible?)

The LFS has a whole freezer full of food, I guess I just don't know what all the fish will eat. I know they all eat mysis, so I feed that.

I do have seaweed, should I hang that for the Long Nose I just purchased?

-TheChad

Back
Top Bottom