Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 09-17-2013, 06:37 PM   #11
Aquarium Advice Regular
Not sure why this happens to my LTA from time to time. As you, my parameters are good and stable, lighting unchanged. Mine will do that for a night or part of a day. I feel like I should almost dispose and then, right back to normal. Been in my tank for over a year.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2096703057.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	203.4 KB
ID:	198720  

Vettitude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 08:36 PM   #12
Aquarium Advice Newbie
Wow that bad boy is a beaut! Mine had been like this for a couple days, steadily getting smaller looking worse and worse. On the bright side the other fish have more room to swim without the danger of entangled death!

Jwandli13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 08:40 PM   #13
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via MSN to mr_X
Whenever something like that happens I do a water change. It's always worked for me. Try that before anything drastic.
mr_X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 11:00 AM   #14
Aquarium Advice Addict
It is common for anemone or soft corals to shrink when lights are out at night. If it happens while lights are on then it must be something else that make them do that. I consider anemone to be a good indicator if there is sudden change on your water parameter. A quick fresh water top off done manually will definitely affect it or a cheap heater with 2 deg differential .

"Nothing great in the world has ever been accomplished without passion". George Wilhelm Friedrich Hegel

jeffaquarius is offline   Reply With Quote

anenome, dyi, dying, long

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com