Long T Anenome Dying???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jwandli13

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello all,
Anyone have any experience with LTA's please take a look at my little guy, all of the sudden his tentacles are shriveling up and changing color. He has been in the tank for almost a year and never looked like this.

Thought I did, hit the video button, trying it again.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    256.2 KB · Views: 166
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    252.5 KB · Views: 134
Have not seen anything like it. Looks like it it two anemones could it be how they look when splitting? Wish I could help more. I have had one die on me and they can really mess up a tank.

I think I saw a little blue leg in there around the mouth, maybe it is just pissed off because of the crab?

No changes, out of the blue kind of thing. I use two 48'' aquaticlife LED's, everybody else looks fine. Hopefully he will be back to normal in the morning.

The anemone has shriveled and wilted to the point where is was tiny, basically a column sitting in the sand. I took it out and disposed of it before my tank was trashed. The Skunk Clown is still hovering where the anemone used to be. Kinda sad. But, the rest of the tank is not harmed and looks healthy.

No idea. Water parameters are right on, I do have some corals; frogspawn, hammer, avelopora, yellow polyps, few zoas and some fish; 4 chromis, 3 clowns, 1 banggai, and a gobie or two. Took it out when is shriveled to about 1/10th its size and had almost let go of it's foothold. Sad.

Not sure why this happens to my LTA from time to time. As you, my parameters are good and stable, lighting unchanged. Mine will do that for a night or part of a day. I feel like I should almost dispose and then, right back to normal. Been in my tank for over a year.

Attachments

• image-2096703057.jpg
    image-2096703057.jpg
    203.4 KB · Views: 73
Wow that bad boy is a beaut! Mine had been like this for a couple days, steadily getting smaller looking worse and worse. On the bright side the other fish have more room to swim without the danger of entangled death!

Whenever something like that happens I do a water change. It's always worked for me. Try that before anything drastic.

It is common for anemone or soft corals to shrink when lights are out at night. If it happens while lights are on then it must be something else that make them do that. I consider anemone to be a good indicator if there is sudden change on your water parameter. A quick fresh water top off done manually will definitely affect it or a cheap heater with 2 deg differential .

Back
Top Bottom