Long Tentacle Anemone tips

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fishsticks

Aquarium Advice Regular
Just brought home a large Long tentacle anemone bout and hour ago and put him in my tank. At first he was floating around at the top of and almost got sucked up in my filter so I guided him to the bottom where he would be safe. My programmed lighting system turned off at 8:00 and just the LED's are on now. He is now at the bottom but is closing up. Is this normal?

I would like any and all information to make sure this guy gets acclimated to his new home and stays healthy. Do I need to add anything to my water? What and how often do they eat ect. I got a brief rundown by th guy at my LFS but would like some reassurance

Yea it normally does that every night but they are really hardy

Robbiesamp said:
Yea it normally does that every night but they are really hardy

Ok cool. Is there anything else I need to do? The guy at the store said to feed it once or twice a week with mysis shrimp and that's about all I need to do to feed it. I have read something about adding trace elements and iodine to my tank? Is this correct?

Weekly water changes will replenish everything you need. So no to the dosing unless you have an iodine test kit and it's too low.

Back
Top Bottom