Long tentacle green anemone??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

blrrobinson21

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hello all,
The other day we were at Petland and my wife found a anemone she liked. "She likes them all actually" I think what we ended up getting was a long tentacle green anemone. Ill post pics of it when I get them to my other computer. Our tank has been set up for about 3 years but we have moved it about 4 months ago. Water is, temp 80.5, Sal. 1.025, Ame. 0, Nitrite 0, Nitrate 15, calcium 425, phosphates 2. Right now I have about 350 watts over him. He has been in there for 3 days and is looking pretty good I think. The one thing im worried about is I dont know much about these guys. Most of the info Im finding is what they like and how to take care of them but I would like to know why he does some of the things he does. For example, when I came home yesterday he had completly closed up inside of my LR. He did come out 45 min later but he didnt seem to be as full as he was. He still has good color though. I have heard that if they die they can give off a substance that is toxic, is that true and if it is what are signs that he isnt happy or struggling. I have a 2.5 " tomato clown that loves they thing and is constantly rolling around in him. The anemone is about twice the size of the clown if he would open up fully. Any advice would be appreciated.

LTA's get very large even in an aquarium. As long as you have good lighting it should be fine in your tank. The fact that yours has only been in the tank for a few days I wouldn't worry about the behavior right now. As long as you see it open up and extend its tentacles and you don't see it bleaching I think it will be ok. It will take a little time for it to adjust to your system and lighting.

Does it look like this?

ltadh6.jpg

A little bit. The arms on mine I would say are a little longer, thinner maybe and the bases are paler with the green starting 3/4 of the way up and running to the tip. Ill try to post a pic tonight when I get home. I would really like to get a solid Identification on this guy.

Ive got 160 watts of t5 and 192 watts of compact 50-50. Im going to have at least 320 watts of t5 in the next month maybe 480 if the funds are available.

Back
Top Bottom