Longnose hawk with porcelain and emerald crabs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

zacheyp

Aquarium Advice Addict
I know longnose hawks arent compatible with shrimp, but can they be kept with emearald porcelaind hermit crabs or even snails??

My longnose hawkfish doesn't bother my emerald crabs nor my hermits or snails. He also does not bother my cleaner shrimp, but takes swipes at the peppermints occasionally.

thanks for the info, would you stay away from the inverts or get them

zacheyp said:
thanks for the info, would you stay away from the inverts or get them

I would get the CUC, but not the shrimp. Too much of a risk, and I live in fear that mine will eat them. :/

I have never had a longnose, but I had a falco for several months. He had more personality than any fish I have ever encountered. I had 2 cleaners, 2 emeralds, and several small hermits that he never bothered. However, as soon as I tried to put a couple peppermint shrimp in to take care of some aptasia he immediately killed them. In the end that is why I traded him out. I wanted to naturally get rid of the aptasia without having to tear apart my rock. Not sure what it was about the peppermints that he disliked so much.

Back
Top Bottom