lookiing for advice

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

nolefanpa

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I have a 75 gallon reef aquarium, plenty of live rock, etc. but no coral and am not looking to go the route of coral. I currently have: 2 ocellaris anemonefish, 3 pajama cardinals, a sleeper goby, a yellow watchman goby, a fire goby (red firefish), a scooter blenny, 2 sand sifting starfish, 4 peppermint shrimp, 4 or 5 emerald crabs, about 20-25 total hermits (blue claw & zebras), and a few bumble bee snails.

I am looking for one fish. I want a nice blue color for the tank. The keys are they must be hearty, play nice with others :flowers:, and not outrageously expensive. Any help is appreciated in advance.:thanks:

Nu-Nu the eel said:
Maybe a blue chromis or a bicolor angel

Blue hippo tang one of my favorite fish also atlantic blue tang lil pricey tho imo id stay away from angels they tend to pick at coral

danbstrong said:
Blue hippo tang one of my favorite fish also atlantic blue tang lil pricey tho imo id stay away from angels they tend to pick at coral

Blue hippo is very docile and reefsafe usually find small ones around 25$ in my area anyway

danbstrong said:

Not for a 75 gallon tank that is almost stocked! Dont get a tang, bad idea. They need much larger tanks.

Nu-Nu the eel said:
Not for a 75 gallon tank that is almost stocked! Dont get a tang, bad idea. They need much larger tanks.

True i agree if purchased small they do take a couple years to overgrow a 75 but yes it would eventually outgrow a 75g

I would also be concerned about the tank mates. Once the tang matures it will start to pick in its tank mates that are very calm community fish, they would be bullied. I wouldnt buy a fish unless your tank is currently large enough. :/

This is the tang police, step away from the tang! Lol. A nice blue chromis will look nice, I have one myself.

Thanks to all that weighed in...I have my choice for my one fish. I was really looking for that one fish that would be like a diva. It would have to be just one because divas cannot coexist ANYWHERE..lol. I made my choice and my fish is going to be a solar fairy wrasse. Love the colors and I have a cover on my tank so he cannot dismount...lol. I can't wait to get him Wednesday and he will round out my tank.

Back
Top Bottom