Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
 
Old 10-08-2013, 03:58 AM   #21
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
Gregcoyote's Avatar



Tank of the Month Award
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Columbia, Missouri
Posts: 8,325
Quote:
Originally Posted by huma-huma View Post
+1. Ive always heard they are finnicky and usually even expeienced hobbyists can have a hard time with them
They are a deep water fish. You see them on the reef below 50' They are also like tangs, angels and triggers as they are covering a lot of territory each day to get fed. I don't think they take well to captivity except in certain expert systems.
__________________

__________________
Gregcoyote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 09:52 AM   #22
Aquarium Advice FINatic
 
Tkey3425's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: FL, USA
Posts: 879
How about a marine beta for the show fish?
__________________

__________________
Tkey3425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 10:06 AM   #23
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
Darylb's Avatar


 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: western australia
Posts: 2,336
bi color angel i got one today its amazing

Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20131008_210600.jpg
Views:	199
Size:	60.2 KB
ID:	201611
__________________
Darylb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 02:14 PM   #24
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
huma-huma's Avatar

POTM Champion
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: washington Pa
Posts: 5,257
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tkey3425
How about a marine beta for the show fish?
Marine bettas arent usually open water swimmers. They usually stick to the rockwork and caves. Not the best showpiece fish (im saying all this as i have one lol)
__________________
my 125g Sw...Round 2!http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums...220171-33.html
ever see someone cut a 125g in half??
http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums...-286438-4.html
huma-huma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 02:37 PM   #25
Giant Clam Addict
Community Admin
 
Sniperhank's Avatar



POTM Champion
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Summerville, Pennsylvania
Posts: 18,543
I have one too. Him popping out is always a pleasure...but rare.
Sniperhank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 03:48 PM   #26
Aquarium Advice FINatic
 
Tkey3425's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: FL, USA
Posts: 879
Quote:
Originally Posted by huma-huma View Post
Marine bettas arent usually open water swimmers. They usually stick to the rockwork and caves. Not the best showpiece fish (im saying all this as i have one lol)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniperhank View Post
I have one too. Him popping out is always a pleasure...but rare.
Weird.....Mine seemed to be out in the open all the time. Only hid in the early morning when the first couple of light hours were on then it ventured out with the rest of the fish.


How about the mimic lemon peel tang? I always like watching my fish mature into another color. It's like a trophy for raising them well lol
__________________
Tkey3425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 03:50 PM   #27
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
Gregcoyote's Avatar



Tank of the Month Award
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Columbia, Missouri
Posts: 8,325
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tkey3425 View Post

Weird.....Mine seemed to be out in the open all the time. Only hid in the early morning when the first couple of light hours were on then it ventured out with the rest of the fish.

How about the mimic lemon peel tang? I always like watching my fish mature into another color. It's like a trophy for raising them well lol
It depends on the neighborhood. If you aren't tough and you live in the hood, you don't sit on the porch.
__________________
Gregcoyote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 03:53 PM   #28
Aquarium Advice Activist
 
Jtisle506's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 182
How about another wrasse, if you up for the challenge a leopard wrasse is one of the most striking fish ive ever seen....they are hard to get them to eat prepared foods, i know a guy in my reef club that has him in a 180 with tangs etc but the wrasse always sticks out to anyone one that comes over his house....he told me the wat he got it to eat was buying live brine for a couple of weeks and eased him on frozen brine....now he eats like a champ and will take anything you give him....last year he disassembled his tank and i tried buying it off of him but he wouldnt sell him....he sold his purple tang, PB, hippo, and achilles but kept the leopard for the 40 breeder he was starting up....still to this day the leopard wrasse is one of my favorite fish

http://www.liveaquaria.com/product/p...339&pcatid=339
__________________
Jtisle506 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 03:55 PM   #29
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
Gregcoyote's Avatar



Tank of the Month Award
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Columbia, Missouri
Posts: 8,325
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jtisle506 View Post
How about another wrasse, if you up for the challenge a leopard wrasse is one of the most striking fish ive ever seen....they are hard to get them to eat prepared foods, i know a guy in my reef club that has him in a 180 with tangs etc but the wrasse always sticks out to anyone one that comes over his house....he told me the wat he got it to eat was buying live brine for a couple of weeks and eased him on frozen brine....now he eats like a champ and will take anything you give him....last year he disassembled his tank and i tried buying it off of him but he wouldnt sell him....he sold his purple tang, PB, hippo, and achilles but kept the leopard for the 40 breeder he was starting up....still to this day the leopard wrasse is one of my favorite fish

http://www.liveaquaria.com/product/p...339&pcatid=339
I agree. But they aren't easy to get to eat. Most folks don't have access to live brine shrimp, but your technique is what works.
__________________
Gregcoyote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 05:30 PM   #30
Aquarium Advice Freak
 
Ronin77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Eagle Point, Oregon
Posts: 318
Maybe one of those White tailed bristle tooth's from Africa. I could never find one in stock. And it's something different from the daily grind.
__________________

__________________
Ronin77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
fish

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off








» Photo Contest Winners








Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:54 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.