Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 09-02-2005, 09:00 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Regular

Send a message via AIM to Ricky@3rdshift
looking for a fish Idea.

I seen a dwarf Lionfish and I fell in love with it. that thing is awesome. I would love to have one in my 55, but I ran into a delime. I currently have the following, 3 turbos, 1 acenca sp? snail, 1 yellowtail damsel, 1 domino damsel, 1 green chromis, 1 green clown goby. The LFS said the DLF would probably eat my other fish.

SO ...

What fish look similar, and will not eat my other investments? I may ditch the others into my parents Sw tank to get him if i cannot find an alternative. What fish would be good with him in a 55? something exotic looking like him possibly more colorful.

55 gallon saltwater madness!!!
Work at Petco, , and no I am not responsible for their fish.
Ricky@3rdshift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2005, 11:56 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Activist

Send a message via AIM to IworkatPSP
Well, to be honest, my co-worker has a fuzzy dwarf in his 55 along with a Butterfly and Pygmy Angel and has never had any attacks from the dwarf. It's been in there for about 3 months. So it may be OK, but don't quote me on it.

As far as other fish that look similar, none come to mind that would be non-venemous or reef safe.

-Matt

Old 09-03-2005, 12:41 AM   #3
Aquarium Advice Freak

the goby and the cromis he would almost for shure the domino if its small enough it soon wont be
snails are not a problem if your set on buying it get rid of any small fish the domino and the lion will fill that tank up in a hurry expesialy if you have a bunch of rock
you could get 5 more cromis they like to be in groups of 6 or more and thier aditude changes alot once thier is a group of them
having a couple of damisils you would need something that can put up with thier greef
Old 09-03-2005, 09:54 AM   #4
Aquarium Advice Regular

Send a message via AIM to Ricky@3rdshift
How about lantern basslets, or scooter blennies?

55 gallon saltwater madness!!!
Work at Petco, , and no I am not responsible for their fish.
Ricky@3rdshift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2005, 09:54 AM   #5
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

i've had a really big 10" lion fish with a dwarf and a very large moray, in a tank with little fish like that, and ive never lost one of them. but i always kept my 2 lion fishes well fed and my eel chases them when he's hunting his goldfish, but is too uncoordinated to catch them.

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com