looking for a fish Idea.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ricky@3rdshift

Aquarium Advice Regular
I seen a dwarf Lionfish and I fell in love with it. that thing is awesome. I would love to have one in my 55, but I ran into a delime. I currently have the following, 3 turbos, 1 acenca sp? snail, 1 yellowtail damsel, 1 domino damsel, 1 green chromis, 1 green clown goby. The LFS said the DLF would probably eat my other fish.

SO ...

What fish look similar, and will not eat my other investments? I may ditch the others into my parents Sw tank to get him if i cannot find an alternative. What fish would be good with him in a 55? something exotic looking like him possibly more colorful.

Well, to be honest, my co-worker has a fuzzy dwarf in his 55 along with a Butterfly and Pygmy Angel and has never had any attacks from the dwarf. It's been in there for about 3 months. So it may be OK, but don't quote me on it.

As far as other fish that look similar, none come to mind that would be non-venemous or reef safe.

-Matt

the goby and the cromis he would almost for shure the domino if its small enough it soon wont be
snails are not a problem if your set on buying it get rid of any small fish the domino and the lion will fill that tank up in a hurry expesialy if you have a bunch of rock
you could get 5 more cromis they like to be in groups of 6 or more and thier aditude changes alot once thier is a group of them
having a couple of damisils you would need something that can put up with thier greef

i've had a really big 10" lion fish with a dwarf and a very large moray, in a tank with little fish like that, and ive never lost one of them. but i always kept my 2 lion fishes well fed and my eel chases them when he's hunting his goldfish, but is too uncoordinated to catch them.

Back
Top Bottom