Looking for a low budget skimmer???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

swishyfishies

Aquarium Advice Activist
I am looking for a skimmer under $100 & have found the Prizm $90 & the Sea Clone $70. Can anyone tell me which is the better of the two or another one in my budget that's good.

:?:

I would go with the Sea Clone over the Prizm myself. I have seen the Sea Clone in action and it looked like it was pretty efficient. If you have a sump, there are better solutions out there that can fit in the sump out of sight and not have to hang on the tank.

SeaLife Systems makes skimmers that match their sumps $100 >
Berlin makes skimmers $100 >
AquaClear Aquatics makes skimmers to match their sumps. $100 >

Just a few to check out..

We won't be doing a sump on this tank, thanks for the idea tho. And your input on the Sea Clone.

I like the Sea Clone better too. The Prizm does a great job, but I think the Sea Clone is easier to work with. One drawback to the Sea Clone is the line connections that are outside the tank...IMO, this increases the possibility of a leak. The collection cup on the Prizm, again IMO, is awkward. The Sea Clone uses a Maxi Jet PH. These are VERY good and are easy to find should you ever have to replace it.
Logan J

yeah i have had both i would say i liked the seaclone better becasue it seemed to pull alot more crap out of the water and not to mention it was a heck of a lot more quiet. the only drawback is on mine this center cylinder would come apart from the bottom and it would leak all over the place. so what i did was built a little stand for the skimmer to sit on and no more problems.

Back
Top Bottom