looking for a new fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

reefbound

Aquarium Advice Freak
Im looking but dont know what to get... I have a Blue Mandarin and a Ocilaris clown fish now...Ive been looking at bassets, wrasse... Anyone have a suggestion for a new tank mate in a 75 gal...

The Wrasse will compete with the Mandarin for food. Basslets are nice, I would reccomend the Royal Gramma. Maybe get another Clown? HTH!

I would say a Basslet. I love mine. The color on these fish in my opinion is outstanding. Nice personality and picks its territory big time. Good luck on your next purchase. Remember QT. I am sure that you do. But just thinking of your best interest.

Melissamustang said:
I would say a Basslet. I love mine. The color on these fish in my opinion is outstanding. Nice personality and picks its territory big time. Good luck on your next purchase. Remember QT. I am sure that you do. But just thinking of your best interest.

No problem, I do have a QT,but I have not used it yet,Reason being,The ocilaris was first in the tank and the Mandarin was next and you dont have to QT them because they wont do well... But its setup and ready...

3 blue green chromis. Or pistol shrimp and goby pair. Got your cleanup crew already in place? If not, time for some crabs, snails, & shrimp.

This is what I have in mind,
1.Derasa Clam Cultured - Tridacna derasa
2.Royal Gramma - Gramma loreto
3.Macneill's Basslet - Assessor macneilli
4.Coral Beauty Angel
5. Bicolor Blenny
6.Fridmani Pseudochromis

Im going to get two just dont know which...decisions,decisions

i have a bi color angel in my 75 and it is awesome. always out and a very active swimmer. he has not nipped any corals yet. i would suggest some sort of dwarf angel. the gramma, basslet and psuedochromis may fight ( they are all the same family ). be careful with that one. it is possible the pseudochromis/basslet may even pick on the bi color blenny. the gramma would be the safest bet with a dwarf angel

good luck
steve r

steve r said:
i have a bi color angel in my 75 and it is awesome. always out and a very active swimmer. he has not nipped any corals yet. i would suggest some sort of dwarf angel. the gramma, basslet and psuedochromis may fight ( they are all the same family ). be careful with that one. it is possible the pseudochromis/basslet may even pick on the bi color blenny. the gramma would be the safest bet with a dwarf angel

good luck
steve r

so this would be my best bet:Least fighting...
1.Derasa Clam Cultured - Tridacna derasa
2.Royal Gramma - Gramma loreto
4.Coral Beauty Angel

IMO i thikn that would be a great set up. a royal gramma is going to be our next addition and i am getting a clam myself on friday. an ultra grade crocea. a final word of waring. some dwarf angels are known to pick at clam mantles as well as corals. it a 50/50 chance

good luck
steve r

steve r said:
IMO i am getting a clam myself on friday. an ultra grade crocea. a final word of waring. some dwarf angels are known to pick at clam mantles as well as corals. it a 50/50 chance

good luck
steve r

I was thinking of the better grade also but with my lighting I thought it best to get that type. As for the dwarf angel,I was reading about them and I guess its a chance you take with each type of fish you get.
Will it or wont it...

edit: WOW 100 posts woohoo!!!!!!

If you plan to have any corals I would scrap the dwarf angel. I know someone mentioned theirs had not nipped at any corals yet but mine took 5 years till he started nipping and desroying corals. I caught everything getting him out.

A flame hawk is a nice fish. Has a neat personality. It will watch you...well, like a hawk. Very active fish.

Back
Top Bottom