Looking for an RO/DI unit

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Macscale

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hey everyone. I'm looking for a good ro/di unit. My price range is about $100.
I only use about 20 gallons a week, as I only run Nano tanks. Anyone have any suggestions?

I bought a portable 100 gpd from eBay for $70 replacement filters are a little more but it works

Ok...well the problem I see with this is that you need to use their proprietary replacement cartriges, not common 10" refills. I would want to be able to buy replacements at any lfs at any time.

Not quite 100, but close...

Ha. Let's face it the difference is less than what we pay for some corals and fish in the hobby. Plus the OP gets a 90 day warranty from a reputable company. Better than $100 on a used item like BRS most likely without proof of purchase.

Remember your LFS will cater to people that aren't willing to spend a lot. A fish store doesn't have enough resources to be buying well made and rather expensive units (whether it's lights or filtration). They don't sell them often enough to keep in stock. Most nice products have to be special ordered. I've talked to 3 LFS owners and it's them who told me this. That's why they will carry a $89 RO buddy unit rated 50GPD versus another brand.

I have the brs 5 stage 75gpd I think it was like $200 but it usually goes on sale once a month

Back
Top Bottom