Looking for Chromis

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

revhtree

Aquarium Advice Addict
I am looking for about 4 chromis to add to my tank. I need to find a good place to buy them online. Liveaquaria has only one kind. The other kind say coming soon. Anyway, I really want something a little different than just the reg green chromis. Anybody know where I can get them?

Also, I would like your opinions on chromis. Would you put them in your tank? I want to watch them school, but will it get old, and are they boring?
Also I would guess they are pretty hard to catch. :wink:

Thanks! :D

They say they do better in Odd numbers. I started with 7 about 2 years ago and we now have 3 left for the past 1.5 years. They are a cool little fish. Stay away from the yellow tail damsels.. I listened to a LFS who said they were nice fish. They are mean nasty little killers. They beat up my chromis, psudiochromis and a few other fish they did not like. They have finally killed each other off til I now only have 2 left. Good luck wiht the chromis

Thanks for the link. I would and I quote,
Support SOMETHING local !
but they never have any. So that's out of the question. I always but local when I can, and there are some places I will NOT support local because I can do without ich in the tank.

Thanks.

revhtree said:
Thanks for the link. I would and I quote,
Support SOMETHING local !
but they never have any. So that's out of the question. I always but local when I can, and there are some places I will NOT support local because I can do without ich in the tank.

Thanks.

Well 2 things..
one ask em to order you some and hold them and 2nd use a QT tank...

Well 2 things..
one ask em to order you some and hold them and 2nd use a QT tank...

Even if u use a qt it is still very nice not to have to treat of ich whether u use a qt or not....so if u can avoid that u KNOW have horrible tanks its gonna save headaches wheter it is just in your qt or in your display

Hey firefighter I understand you may be trying to help, but your not really helping me that much.

1. Why order from a place that is a breeding ground for ich and other disease, when I can avoid it?

2. I have a QT, that I use very regularly.

I appreciate the thought though. :wink:

PS. Can someone help me get this back on the original thread idea. I want some chromis and I would like more that 1 option. So if any of you know somewhere else I can order, Thanks! :wink:

I would wait until after all these hurricanes pass. I think that is effecting Liveaquaria's and all other online stores stock. I really love those Black Bar Chromis I have seen available on Liveaquaria. They would look real sweet in a schoal of 5.

piggybank2005 said:
like what? do share.

i just placed an order with em! :evil:

If you do a search here at AA or over at reefcentral you read nothing but bad things. I immediately crossed them off of my list of potential stores. Your order will probably be fine, what did you order?

saltwaterfish.com has purple chromis on sale

i was thinking if u have the room there are some smaller chromis that like to school, they need swimming room though, they look much like chromis but are more expensive

marinedepotlive has black and white damsels for 9.00 heres link
http://www.marinedepotlive.com/423854.html

theres a nice one ive yet to find for sale called the vanderbilts chromis
HTH

Back
Top Bottom