Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 08-30-2005, 02:25 PM   #11
AA Team Emeritus

Send a message via Yahoo to Hara
nice...and I hate to rain on your parade, but the tank is full as far as bioload is concerned. The puffer, eel and trigger are very heavy duty on the load. The puffer is going to get very big,as is the eel.

Old 08-30-2005, 03:59 PM   #12
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

Well we are not really opposed to starting over. Everything but the Niger Trigger and Yellow Tang came with the house. I know the previous owner expressed interest in getting them back when his new house is complete.

The puffer is already pretty big, probably about 8-9" tip to tail, (I know he will get bigger), the eel is probably 14-16" or so.

Old 09-01-2005, 12:00 AM   #13

Here is the dogface

and another shot

I need help identifying this one though.

Old 09-01-2005, 08:56 PM   #14
Aquarium Advice Addict

Great tank and congrats on the home. Here is the thing...SW tanks are a bit labor intensive, especially if you have not had one before. People get SW tanks for two reasons. 1. they love the hobby and consider themselves "aquarists" and 2. as decoration. The later of the two generally use an in-home aquarium maintanance service to take care of the tank. Might be a good option for you as you get started. You can learn a lot from someone coming in and shoeing you the ropes. As y ustart to learn and grow s an aqurist you wil find the real joy that comes with keeping fish. Starting over is a great idea so you can customise the tank to your liking and really begin to personalize it. There is a lot of work involved with the process but it isure worth it.
Welcome to AquariumAdvice.com!!!
Old 09-03-2005, 12:37 AM   #15
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Your current stock dictates no corals or inverts. I didnt see anything about lighting either. I dont know what your background is so please forgive me if I sound a little condesceding, but please do a lot of reading before diving into a reef tank. FOWLR may be the better start for you here even though triggers are notorious movers/diggers. Until you sell or find homes for some of the unsafe critters, your going to run into issues placing corals or any invert in there. Its a pretty agressive bunch you got.
BTW, **** fine looking setup!

-jealous.
Old 09-03-2005, 05:02 PM   #16
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Send a message via Yahoo to Florida8
ADORABLE Puffer - that 1st picture is super!!!! And the tank is great! What a wonderful bonus with your new home!!!

Keep us up2date on changes

Kimberly
29g reef
2 ph and 1 HOB =460 gph
130watt Orbit lighting system
50+lbs lr
1 blue green chromis, domino, blue devil
6 turbo snails
1 mantis GRRRR!
Florida8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2005, 11:01 PM   #17
Aquarium Advice Addict

Once you put live rock in the tank you're going to have to stay on top of maintenance to keep the coraline off of the glass. Do you have access to the tank from both rooms? Seems like that would get to be a hassle otherwise.

Have you made any progress in your thinking?

Join the NJ Reef Club Today! Saving the world's reefs one living room at a time!
MACNA XXI Atlantic City, NJ September 25-27, 2009
Phyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2005, 12:00 AM   #18

The current light setup leaves much to be desired. Years ago I had a tank with IceCap VHOs that worked out very well with the live rock and fish. So I ordered a 4 lamp 72" setup and will build the reflector hood and fit it in the wall in a week or so.

I was looking at the "key west" rock from www.liverocks.com anyone offer any thoughts positive or negative?

As far as access not only to the tank and equipment is only from the master bedroom side. As of yet I have not notice it being a pain. The biggest problem is that the tank sits pretty high up in the wall so you have to work off a ladder for all tank access with the exception of just dumping some food in.
Old 09-04-2005, 12:29 AM   #19
Aquarium Advice FINatic

liverocks.com keys rock is great. when you order tell what size tank you are using it for and they will try to hand pick some pieces that will work for your tank.

steve r

Tags
100g

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com