Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 08-29-2005, 10:10 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

Looking for ideas for a 100G SW that came with our house.

We just recently bought a house that has a 100G SW tank in the wall between 2 rooms. There is no live rock or coral, and the wife has the bug to make the tank "prettier" and ours. Looking for ideas.

From living room

Shot from the bedroom

Currently fish wise there is
Snowflake Eel
Niger Trigger
Yellow Tang
Blue Hippo
Dogface Puffer
Some unidentified fish need to get a good picture for you folks.

Old 08-29-2005, 10:16 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Send a message via MSN to flamingonhot Send a message via Yahoo to flamingonhot
dang pretty fancy house there! nice that the tank came with the house. to really see the tank you would have to get a closer shot REAl closer. all i can see is an angelfish type thing and the tang.

Old 08-29-2005, 10:22 PM   #3

I am away on business this week. I will take some better pictures when I get home this week, providing the hurricane does not get in the way of the flight home!

Below the tank on the MBR side, is the filter, UV sanitizer, etc.
Old 08-29-2005, 10:24 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Regular

Send a message via AIM to Ricky@3rdshift
WOW that is awsome!! Do you wanna make it Pretier fishwise or are you looking more for a reef tank with shroos, and stuff growing on the rocks?

If it was mine I would add some live rock for starters probably biggest majority in the middle to block some of the "view" to your bed room and all.

of course I am an amateur in Sw tanks just starting myself one so my opinion maybe way off.

55 gallon saltwater madness!!!
Work at Petco, , and no I am not responsible for their fish.
Ricky@3rdshift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2005, 10:30 PM   #5
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Send a message via MSN to flamingonhot Send a message via Yahoo to flamingonhot
i don't really know what fish wise you could get but i would definitely add some live rock in the middle,i just hate seeing big nice tanks look barren.....

I would really like to see a close up of the dog face puffer.....i kinda of want one after seeing a golden variety in a pet store thats was over a foot long...
Old 08-30-2005, 09:51 AM   #6

I will take some better pictures when I get home. I am thinking a mix of live rock and some more fish. It is a large tank and very obviously a focal point for both the formal area and master bedroom.

The wife really wants a clown fish(s) and an anomie, but I think the eel has to go if she is set on that.
Old 08-30-2005, 10:12 AM   #7

Beautiful tank and design, I'd love to have that kind of a set-up. I've actually thought about something similiar when I buy my next house. I wouldn't place the rock to shield the bedroom though. Think about maybe having a screen that can either be pulled down or electronically controlled to cover the tank from the bedroom side, if you were to need some privacy in the bedroom !

Ok, now I'm wanting to buy a new house! Can't wait to see some new pictures and progress as you go along.
28 Gallon Bowfront, 20 lbs live sand, 31 lbs of Fiji Live rock, 1 metallic green/maroon Brain Coral, Trachyphyllia , 1 5" rock with green Star Polyps...1 Bicolor Blenny, 1 Flame Angel, 3 Astrae snails, 2 Nassarius snails, 1 Bumblebee snail, 1 Electric Blue Hermit, 1 Emerald Crab, 1 Sand Sifting Star, 1 Cerith Snail
buvaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2005, 10:39 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by buvaren
Beautiful tank and design, I'd love to have that kind of a set-up. I've actually thought about something similiar when I buy my next house. I wouldn't place the rock to shield the bedroom though. Think about maybe having a screen that can either be pulled down or electronically controlled to cover the tank from the bedroom side, if you were to need some privacy in the bedroom !

Ok, now I'm wanting to buy a new house! Can't wait to see some new pictures and progress as you go along.
The screen was ordered yesterday and will be here this week. (72"x96" Electric Scree) I am moving the DLP Projector from the living room to the bedroom. So the screen doubles as privacy and TV

So shielding with rocks / coral is not really going to be a goal. I would really like it to be as visually appealing from both sides.

Thanks for all the compliments guys. The tank was only one reason we fell in love with the house. The backyard is just as spectacular! And the lot is pretty big considering it is a house in Phoenix.
Old 08-30-2005, 12:23 PM   #9
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via MSN to StripesTheEel
i dont think the eel will need to go if your set on having a clown/s and anenomes..

both my eels (zebra and snowflake are with clowns and they have never posed a threat to either) zebra with 2 tomatos snowflake with 2 ocellaris!!

cant wait to see close up shots!!
StripesTheEel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2005, 01:44 PM   #10
Aquarium Advice Regular

::gasp:: Absolutely amazing!

2½g FW - son's goldfish
110g SW
Macmommy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
100g

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com