looking for inverts

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bellman

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Im looking for some inverts that will clean down in my live sand argonite! Any ideas as far as crabs or snails! Thanks

Nassarius snails are great for the sand bed. During the day, they bury themselves & come up at night and during feeding time. This burying & rising action is great at keeping the sand stirred, and they consume detritus & leftover food, which makes them a very beneficial addition to the CUC. Plus, they're just plain cool to watch!!

A conch is great at cleaning sand bed. They won't go on the rocks or glass, only clean sand, but they're great at keeping sand clean!! :)

I have some large nassarius snails that keep mine clean. I also have a serpeant and bristle star in my tank as well, but I wouldn't rely on them to keep things cleaned up as they require large amounts of food to stay alive. I actually feed them to ensure their survival. But the nassarius' do a great job. When my clam died they just shot out of the sandbed and were all over it.

Back
Top Bottom