Looking for zoanthids

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

willbratz

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Does anyone know of a reasonably priced place for purchasing zoanthids? Some of these places I feel just want to much money for a 1" frag. I saw a place listed on one of these threads where they were selling them for 10 bucks for a 1" frag with free shipping, but I can't seem to find the thread, or the website any longer... I think it was aqua something

I refuse to pay stupid prices for a few polyps of zoas..... Being in Florida, you've got to have local reef clubs around. All my corals have come from local frag swaps, craigslist, and local reef club..... you just need to do some footwork.
i.e. - I just went to CL Tampa area and found a $10 frag of nice eagle-eye zoas in Port Richey, just up the road from you............

*FS* Coral Frags

I refuse to pay stupid prices for a few polyps of zoas..... Being in Florida, you've got to have local reef clubs around. All my corals have come from local frag swaps, craigslist, and local reef club..... you just need to do some footwork.
i.e. - I just went to CL Tampa area and found a $10 frag of nice eagle-eye zoas in Port Richey, just up the road from you............

*FS* Coral Frags

I only know of one reef club and it's in st.pete I believe. I need to find better places. Most of these LFS sell the same basic zoanthid mostly straight green and that's it.

Just did some quick searching.... have you googled "Tamba Bay Reef Club"? Don't want to post another forum/club's link....

And this looks pretty sweet..... CoralCon 2013 March 16 & 17, 2013 I'd make a 75 minute drive for that.

There's stuff around you, I guarantee it.......

Just did some quick searching.... have you googled "Tamba Bay Reef Club"? Don't want to post another forum/club's link....

And this looks pretty sweet..... CoralCon 2013 March 16 & 17, 2013 I'd make a 75 minute drive for that.

There's stuff around you, I guarantee it.......

Thanks for the coral con link!!! I hadn't heard of the Tampa bay reef club, I'll check it out for sure.

Thanks for the coral con link!!! I hadn't heard of the Tampa bay reef club, I'll check it out for sure.

(y) No problem.....

One very cool benefit of reef clubs is that many of them (mine included) do what's called coral "banking"...... Members will post coral frags they are willing to give away for free, with the understanding that if their system happens to crash, they can come back to you and get a piece of their coral back at no cost to replenish their reef. I've gotten a few very cool pieces this way, and now have a few of my pieces in other systems........

(y) No problem.....

One very cool benefit of reef clubs is that many of them (mine included) do what's called coral "banking"...... Members will post coral frags they are willing to give away for free, with the understanding that if their system happens to crash, they can come back to you and get a piece of their coral back at no cost to replenish their reef. I've gotten a few very cool pieces this way, and now have a few of my pieces in other systems........

That sounds like the way to go!!!

Back
Top Bottom