looking to start introducing coral

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

shamrock13

Aquarium Advice Regular
hey, ive been running my tank for about 1 year but its been running for about 3 years now.(adpoted it last June) I want to start getting into corals but want to start with the easy care level. I recently purchased a new Solarmax HO T5 48" light. Its has 2 x 54w, 10,000k daylight bulb, actinic-03 bulb and 8 led moonlight. What would be some easy but nice looking corals to start with. Also going to have to upgrade my powerheads, so im up for suggestions with those as well.
There is a bta anemone in my tank. Doesnt move around, found his spot and likes it
Salinity is 1.025
Temp is 79
PH is 8.1
Nitrate and Nitrite is 0 (Finally!!)
Ammonia is 0
-Kevin

I`m really not thinking that is enough lighting. Being this is a 48 inch fixture I`m assuming this is a 55 or 75 gallon tank. I think you are going to need more light than 2 bulbs. Maybe you could add some retro fit VHO bulbs.

BTW welcome to AA

melosu58 - i had a feeling someone was going to say that... would my fixture be able to support the power of VHOs bulbs, or do i need a new fixture?

kay-bee19 - Alittle over two months now.

The anemone you have requires way more light than the basic corals you are considering.

Back
Top Bottom