loose mushrooms: how to attach?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lmetcalf

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hello all:
I bought a new piece of live rock and the guy at the fish store threw in a few mushrooms that were floating around the tank. They aren't attached to a rock at all.
I'm wondering how i can get them to attach to mine? I've got a pretty strong current in my tank so they'll get blown around and end up in the back corner if they're not attached. Can i put an elastic around a rock and catch them under it? will that hurt them? I cant think of any other way to hold them still long enough for them to attach to something

You can tie a string around them to keep them on a rock. Another thing you can do is get one of those cheap plastic soap dishes at the dollar store fill it full of rubble and let the mushrooms sit in an area without much current. Once they are attached you can use loctite gel or superglue gel. The mushrooms will create a slime so you can't glue it directly to the rock.

They will usually find a low flow area and attach there. I like to take some fishing string and tie them down on some LR and after a week or two the will attach.

I use wedding vale from the fabric store and fishing line. Find a piece of small rubble and put shroom on rubble wrap in nylon wedding vale and rubber band, place in aquarium. INSTANT GRATIFICATION... LOL. Seriously though it works for me.

I saw one guy use the net bag from onions and put that over the mushrooms and the rock. The mushrooms would attach themselves over about four weeks and then he could remove the net bag.

Back
Top Bottom