Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 08-04-2010, 02:17 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Addict

Unhappy lost almost everything

this has been a bad week. The wife asked for a divorce Thursday. We moved out of the apartment all weekend. I moved the tank last, but the tub that I moved the coral in cracked and all the water drained out. Most of the corals melted away to nothing. 4 out of 5 fish died, leaving only one of two clowns. poor thing. i cant find my emerald crab, and only have a small bit of the CUC left.

At least in my new place I can set up the tank a little better but that is only a small consolation. I have to get a new blue hippo before my 19 month old starts asking for Dory.

Old 08-04-2010, 02:19 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by cabezon View Post
this has been a bad week. The wife asked for a divorce Thursday. We moved out of the apartment all weekend. I moved the tank last, but the tub that I moved the coral in cracked and all the water drained out. Most of the corals melted away to nothing. 4 out of 5 fish died, leaving only one of two clowns. poor thing. i cant find my emerald crab, and only have a small bit of the CUC left.

At least in my new place I can set up the tank a little better but that is only a small consolation. I have to get a new blue hippo before my 19 month old starts asking for Dory.
Darn, and I thought I was having a bad day..... Sorry for your troubles, I hope everything works out for you.....

Old 08-04-2010, 02:29 PM   #3
SW REEF 18+ YEARS
Community Admin

Tank of the Month Award

I sure am sorry for all your problems. I hope all gets better.

SITE ADMINISTRATOR

You can view many of my fish and corals in my photo albums in my profile.

View my tank

AA Community Rules|AA TOS

Forums 101 - posting, accounts, basics
melosu58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 02:29 PM   #4
AA Team Emeritus

My problems with my basement contractor as so insignificant now.

Good luck. And to get religious for a moment (hope you don't mind)....

HE doesn't put us thru anything that we cannot handle. I belive that strongly and think you can come out of this whole thing stronger. Hang in there and it'll prolly get worse before it gets better, but it WILL get better if you let it.

"Life may not be the party we hoped for but while we are here we might as well dance!"

austinsdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 02:49 PM   #5
Aquarium Advice Addict

so sorry to hear that hope everything works out for you
Old 08-04-2010, 02:59 PM   #6
Aquarium Advice Addict

thanks all, i just had to let it out. The corals in my tank were just starting to split and fill in.

@Austin, I know that God is with me, and he is always there at our worst. I also know that from every part of my life that was really bad something good came out of it. But the hallway SUCKS
Old 08-04-2010, 02:59 PM   #7
AA Team Emeritus

Quote:

Really sorry to hear it man. its cliche, but i truly believe its always darkest before the dawn. Hang in there!
Dorm Pico Tank
Jimbo7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 04:10 PM   #8
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Remember that you may have lost a lot of hard work and monetary things, but you STILL HAVE your experience to rebuild what you lost! No crack can drain that from us! Well, until we become senile.

Amen to the Faith! Keep the Faith! God allowed many to go through much. Look at Job, lost it all and got back 7 times what he lost. Ive seen it happen, many times. Keep the faith through this time of trouble and you will make God grin.

+1 for God not putting us through more than we can handle. When I feel overwhelmed, I keep in mind that God thinks enough of me to challenge me with something that seems is beyond me. Great chance to see what you really are capable of and in the process, make the Big Man look good!

Matt
Old 08-04-2010, 04:35 PM   #9
Aquarium Advice Addict

Thanks Matt, but Job is a bad example. God was doing it to him to show off for the devil. And for Job, just when it got bad, it got worse. lol.
Old 08-04-2010, 08:40 PM   #10
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Quote:
Thanks Matt, but Job is a bad example. God was doing it to him to show off for the devil. And for Job, just when it got bad, it got worse. lol.
Hehe, we should all be so lucky, no? Job made the devil look like a jerk and made Heaven smile. Plus, job got compensated nicely in the end. Maybe the worst has already come and now its time to get your compensation?

Matt

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com