Lost fish??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FlyingFox

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi all I bought a regal tang yesterday and it settled well into the tank. This morning it has disappeared?? I have looked everywhere no remains alive or dead?? Any ideas? :cry:

how big is the tank and tang? Also, is your tank covered?

I have seen those fish lay on their side an hang underneath a rock, so I would bet that he's still in there. Put some nori on a clip and within a day or two i bet he show's himself.

Jim

re lost fish

the tank is 4ft and the tang is only young and small. do you think some of the other fish could have eaten him. i have 3 clown fish, 1 keyhole angel 1 cleaner shrimp 1 boxer shrimp
yes my tank is covered

Any crabs? I don't think those fish ate him. If he died from some other cause, the boxer (coral banded shrimp I presume) or hermits, if you have any might have done what they do. I still think he's in there or pieces of him if he didn't make thru the acclimation.

Bet he's under a rock, still afraid of the larger fish that were already there.

I have seen those fish lay on their side an hang underneath a rock, so I would bet that he's still in there.

Try some garlic laced food too. That seems to get everybody in my tank out from their hiding places.

regals can be very timd, he may see u before u see him, if u turn of the room lights and sit a distance from the tank u may see him swim about.

Back
Top Bottom