Lost my royal gramma :-(

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

newfound77951

Aquarium Advice Addict
I have been QTing my fish for ich, the wrasse and angel are fine but the gramma did not make it....I would like to get one more fish while they are in QT (so as to prevent the ich issue again) but am not sure what to get. The wrasse and angel are pretty feisty so I'm not sure if another gramma or something like a firefish would work. This is a 30g so I know i am limited with choices. Other inhabitants are a cleaner shrimp, lots of soft corals and a few LPS, and some snails and dwarf hermits.

My question is what kind of wrasse or angel do you have as a 30 gallon is even a bit small for a dwarf angel.

It's a sixline wrasse, not sure on the angel.

But I can read your new updated info.....hint, hint...lol.
What interests you? Do you have a color or type of fish in mind?

I would hold off on the addition of any more fish while you are dealing with this ick issue. threat the fish you have, reintroduce them to the main and see how they do. If all looks good then I would clean our the QT and start over with a new fish. Sorry your gramma did not make it, It is a great fish and I recommedn you try another once all is healthy.

I did like the gramma, but I think the ick problem started when the wrasse attacked the gramma on introduction and beat him up pretty bad. The gramma recovered and seemed OK for a few weeks and then ick....hence I am a little hesitant to get another gramma as I don't want the wrasse picking on it. The wrasse tried to do the same with the angel but the angel fought back, and the wrasse gave up quickly. They are now best buddies. So I think I need something a little feisty to stand up to those two.

Back
Top Bottom