Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 07-23-2004, 07:50 AM   #11
Aquarium Advice Addict
well i think i only lost one jawfish seen one this morning ! my guess is due to all the lights going out one jumped ship but cant find him anywhere ? had a 55 on a iron stand once and a jawfish jumped out and somehow got between the bottom of the tank and the top of the stand ?? dont ask me how but didnt find him till i moved and removed the tank :-/ so who knows were he flopped to :-( yea my girlfriend wants me to get a generator for sure now

good luck keith
scuba_steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2004, 07:55 AM   #12
AA Team Emeritus

Make sure you get one on wheels. MAde the mistake of getting a 5000 with no wheels

"Life may not be the party we hoped for but while we are here we might as well dance!"

austinsdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2004, 01:42 AM   #13
Aquarium Advice Freak
Originally Posted by seaham358
Sorry to hear about the fish.... They are cool little guys.
Generator is a good thing to have. I use mine a couple times a year. For me its the piece of mind knowing that I have it. Used it during the big east coast blackout last year what a $$$$ saver it turned out to be. Think about it....... Hundreds of dollars in fish and maybe a thousand in Corals. My $500 generator is worth the money. I can run the whole house with the 5000 watt. My 125 reef and 55 fowlr, all the lights TV's, heat, water. Its a beautiful thing...
I need to get a generator. That blackout wiped out almost all my fish in my FO tank. Didn't loose anybody that day or night but all that stress and lack of water circulation brought on a heavy duty case of ick over the next few days that I could not contain. At least $1000 in fish.
pecan2phat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2004, 02:39 AM   #14
Aquarium Advice Addict
IF I had the money, which I don't, I'd be buying some solar powered stuff. There are some decent systems that will run an entire house that are getting cheaper these days..., still not cheap, but cheaper... I guess in some areas and states you can get money from the govt. for owning such stuff and in some places, since you stay hooked up to the elec co usually, the elec co. may purchase any excess electricity you produce... Just a little plug for alternative energy sources... If I could afford living that way I surely would. perhaps someday Something would be good though... just wait til there's another bad winter and the power goes out for days or something... not only will you have to worry about air current, you'll have to worry about temps too...
Backyard Fellowship
millipede is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2004, 03:44 AM   #15
Aquarium Advice Freak
"I purchased one of those converters that plug into your cigarette lighter at wal-mart for pretty cheap so if my power goes out I can run a long extension cord to my car and keep a pump or two running"

Good idea, a power inverter, they can usually run a few hundred watts...

srgetz is offline   Reply With Quote

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com