Lost snowflake eel

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Macdaddydaze

Aquarium Advice Freak
Friday i went to feed my fish and could not find my eel anywhere i didnt think much of it but it now has been 3 days and no sign of him someone help out!!

Are you positive its not hidden in the rocks somewhere? I've heard that they can get out of small openings in the top and usually end up on the floor. I've also heard of them ending up in sumps/fuges.

I plan to get one in the near future (just need to find a LFS that had one) and this stuff worries me.

I have had two escapes and both times I was lucky to find it in the sump. If you have a sump look there and in the filter bags also. One time my eel squeezed itself into a mounting hole on my sump pump. Also look around the outside and underneath your stand if you can. If it got out of the tank there should be a slimy film leading you to it. Good luck, they are quite the escape artists at times.

Are you positive its not hidden in the rocks somewhere? I've heard that they can get out of small openings in the top and usually end up on the floor. I've also heard of them ending up in sumps/fuges.

I plan to get one in the near future (just need to find a LFS that had one) and this stuff worries me.

A glass top is a pretty important tool to have when you get an eel lol... I actually had to put a lid in my overflow (held down by the glass) as well. There was maybe 3/16 of an inch between the glass and the over flow for it to escape...and it did.

I took everything out an no luck but i have carpet and i searched absolutely everywhere and i was hoping to see a eel dried up somewhere but no luck -___-

You should there pretty tight especially watching them eat :) but thats really the only time you see them haha

So its not in the tank, sump, fuge or carpet? What else is in the tank? Maybe got eaten?

I have a small pufferfish and a dragonfish that is about 9 inches my eel was about a foot long idk it is just a mystery i guess ?

Keep your eyes peeled. I didn't find mine the first time for 5 days. I put some food in the sump to catch it.... They are darn near impossible to catch, slimy little buggers. They can hide for several days if well fed also. Good luck.

Keep your eyes peeled. I didn't find mine the first time for 5 days. I put some food in the sump to catch it.... They are darn near impossible to catch, slimy little buggers. They can hide for several days if well fed also. Good luck.

I had just fed him 2 haha nd yeh they are immpossible to catch they squeeze thru your hands and hidde under rocks when u have the net -____-

I have one and you should see how fast they are on hardwood floor being chased by a dog. Lol luckily I got him back in the tank and he's doin good. Hope you find yours and he's ok!

I have one and you should see how fast they are on hardwood floor being chased by a dog. Lol luckily I got him back in the tank and he's doin good. Hope you find yours and he's ok!

Hes on carpet unfortuanately and right now im really expecting the worst im just waiting to find a dried up body

Sooner than later the smell will lead you to it, if its'sout that is.

I finnaly found it idk how but it was under my tank beets me how it got under there but it did

I had one that went in my overflow of my tank. I have a lid but the lid didnt completly close it off. I thought it was impossible for him to get back there but he did. I didnt see him for 2 days.

Back
Top Bottom