LOUD!! STEREO!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

KMyers18

Aquarium Advice Freak
I was wondering if my loud music would bother my fish. If your not suposed to tap on the glass then.....would jamming the stereo effect them? I some times get a lil'' out of hand with it :lol: Mostly movies. Home theater is my other hobby. You think fish tanks are exspensive :wink: I have more in one amp then i have in my whole 125 set up :wink: But you know the ole saying the one that dies with the most toys wins :lach:

Being that close it may disturb them a bit, u may wanna consider a different position. I am the same way, I love my home theater, easily have 5 grand in it. Love my Klipsch! But I keep the tank in another room.

Hey, Sweet another Klipsch!! fan!!!! Not to change the subject but.... Klipsch and Yamaha my favorites by far for the money!!! 8) :mrgreen:

I think only the bass would really bother them because of the vibration. If you are able to kinda relax with that you may be ok.

I wouldn't worry about it. I have a very loud stereo too and I mean how much do we actually have it cranked? A 125 gal tank is pretty heavy so I don't think the vibrations would have that big of an impact JMHO

If he spent more than the amount of the tank on the amp it would be pretty loud. He says his is always playing it loud. I think a pretty cranked 700+ watt Yamaha could stress them out over time with excessive bass especially if the tank is only 12 feet away. Mine is kinda set up the same way. My tank is only about 5' from my home theatre but luckly I couldn't see spending more than $500 on mine so my Sony Dream Theatre probably doesn't do too much harm (plus the bass is at mid way because I am in an upper level apartment).

I have about twice as much in my theater. But notice i said theater, not surround sound :lol: There is a difference. Yeah one of my amps was 1,200 and i have three of thoes ( Yamaha MX1 ) Im really in to movies :lol:

You'll know for sure if your watching 'Finding Nemo' and you really do find Nemo..on your floor along with all your other pets ; ) For the record I play in 2 bands, both practice in my garage about 25 feet from my tank. While I am sure they can hear/feel it, I figure the bass is probably the hardest on both my tank inhabitants and the other humans I co-habitate with. Common sense is the rule here..

Best of luck!

cool....my home theatre was the last hobby before this one :lol: It ended when I got the final piece, my 51in HDTV anyone ever mess with R/C cars?

Question of the day is thoe does it hurt them? Im sure they can hear it! Close to 1200 watts the fish at my LFS can hear it!!! But what will it do to them was my question!! No common since needed for that

Yeah been there doen that too. Team Losi gas truck 1/10 scale used to race every sunday! Then it was Team Associated gas truck 1/10 scale. Digital JR radio the whole nine :lol: Couple thousand gone there too!!! :lol: There has been a lot of money flushed over the years, but i have had lots of fun :drain: :drain:

No experience here, just my thoughts... but there is some common sense involved. Like it was mentioned, it's not the sound, it's the vibrations. I couldn't say for sure what will and wont bother them but I'd monitor things as you turn them on. If the tank is shaking, then yes, WAY too much... If when you turn it on or up you see the fish darting around then it is probably going to be stressing them. I doubt a little bit of vibrations every now and then will kill them but I"m sure they don't like it... Just watch them and see how they react to it.

Back
Top Bottom