Low Light Anemones?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

flanque

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Hello,

Other than corilamorphs are there any low-light anemones that I could give to my oscellaris clowns?

Well, tube anemones are low light but i don't believe they are a hosting anemone. Really, I can't think of one that would thrive in a tank with under 2wpg (if I figured that up right from your specs). IMO you should have at least 4wpg to consider an anemone.

I agree if you dont have at least that much all it will do is move around the tank all the time and get smaller

Maybe give your clown a coral as a friend? They will host with all different types of coral too. You could also give your clown a fake anenome -- $10 might give your clown a friend.

Tha's an idea coolchinchilla but, I don't believe there is enough light for corals either.

http://www.wetwebmedia.com/tubeanem.htm has some good info on them.

I bought one when I was new to the hobby and it was a big beautiful one with great colors. Listened to the LFS telling me that it would be a GREAT home for your clowns.. So I was COOL!! After a few day of the clowns not going near it I turned to the Web for help...
Read up on there releasing the stinging tentacles, not hosting, maybe eating fish and producing lost of off spring it was gone the nest day.

Back
Top Bottom