Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 07-06-2005, 11:48 PM   #11
Aquarium Advice Newbie

no,no,no,....i bought the tank from my aunt....the tank itself has been going for 2 years...and i did do reading up on some anemones like rock anemones witch at doctor fosters say they are low lighting...........(CURLY Q).......(FLOWER ANEMONE)..........i under stand all of your fustration but if i new i was going to get such nasty comments i wouldnt even had bothered ...im new to saltwater and was just wonting some advice....you guys need not be so harsh about it.....already new i was going to need to get high lighting anyways oh and by the way dont you need high lighting for red kelp because thats doing just fine in my tank and has grown quit a bit

Old 07-07-2005, 12:04 AM   #12
Aquarium Advice FINatic

I pm'd you

150 gallon, 30g fuge/sump, 4.5 watt/gal VHO Lighting, 4" sand bed, 290 lbs LR, CDX-3 Nitrate/Phosphate filter

Female Naso "Isabell" or "Izzy", Emperor Angelfish, Flame Angel, Red Sea Sailfin tang "Bambi", Maroon Clown "Nani", 5 Chromis, 1 Aglae Blenny "Bengi" , Yellow Watchman Goby, pr of Banggai Cardinals, Lyretail Anthia, Six Line Wrasse

1 cleaner shrimp, Coral Banded Shrimp, lettuce nudibranch, 1 sand sifter stars, 1 tiny red brittle star "red", 1 tiny red and white banded serpent star, 2 tiny banded serpent stars, small orange Linkia starfish, assorted hermits and snails. Corals: star polyps, A ton of different types of mushrooms, yellow zooanthids, brown-orangish and light blue paly's, orange ricordia.

90g RR, W/D, 120 lb's LR SF eel, pygmy angel, pr sebae clownfish, 4 chromis. Star Polyps & Mushrooms
clowninround is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2005, 12:10 AM   #13
Aquarium Advice FINatic

I remember when I was new...I didn't know myself. I was fortunate enought to have bought a tank from someone who already had pc. But I wouldn't have known. I didn't realize what I was getting into. Now I know, but I didn't then. I think that when we are told from LFS how easy it is, it dosen't seem like we are doing something wrong by buying a tank and diving right in. But this person is here now, let's help him/her! Let's set the story straight, just realize he/she is just beginning!

150 gallon, 30g fuge/sump, 4.5 watt/gal VHO Lighting, 4" sand bed, 290 lbs LR, CDX-3 Nitrate/Phosphate filter

Female Naso "Isabell" or "Izzy", Emperor Angelfish, Flame Angel, Red Sea Sailfin tang "Bambi", Maroon Clown "Nani", 5 Chromis, 1 Aglae Blenny "Bengi" , Yellow Watchman Goby, pr of Banggai Cardinals, Lyretail Anthia, Six Line Wrasse

1 cleaner shrimp, Coral Banded Shrimp, lettuce nudibranch, 1 sand sifter stars, 1 tiny red brittle star "red", 1 tiny red and white banded serpent star, 2 tiny banded serpent stars, small orange Linkia starfish, assorted hermits and snails. Corals: star polyps, A ton of different types of mushrooms, yellow zooanthids, brown-orangish and light blue paly's, orange ricordia.

90g RR, W/D, 120 lb's LR SF eel, pygmy angel, pr sebae clownfish, 4 chromis. Star Polyps & Mushrooms
Old 07-07-2005, 12:15 AM   #14
Aquarium Advice Newbie

thank you so much clowninround
Old 07-08-2005, 02:48 PM   #15
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Send a message via AIM to pearsont74 Send a message via Yahoo to pearsont74
just to tap in on this
what is the min watts per gal for anemones? on average...i know some may require more then others....
Old 07-08-2005, 03:14 PM   #16
Aquarium Advice FINatic

I was told 3-4 wpg

Old 07-08-2005, 03:56 PM   #17
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Send a message via AIM to pearsont74 Send a message via Yahoo to pearsont74
ok.....the VHO retro will give me alittle over 2 and i am looking to get a 2nd VHO retro kit.....or may still go with a MH retro kit
Old 07-08-2005, 05:35 PM   #18
Aquarium Advice Regular

Hang in there, Saltwatercrazy!

And don't take anything that anyone on the site says personally. Everyone here really loves this hobby, loves the wildlife, and hates to see suffering (plenty of people out there don't care). I think that people are probably more upset with the fish store, than they are with you. You have taken the time and care enough to come here, so my hat is off to you for coming to get help. You've taken the first step and are getting better lighting, so keep it up.

Don't know what size tank you have but check out some of the lights on this page. I have them, as do many on this site. Sounds like it might be the right thing for your tank.
http://www.captivereefs.com/captiver...SubCatID=lunar

Let us know how it goes.
Old 07-08-2005, 08:43 PM   #19
Aquarium Advice Newbie

thank you so much for the impute ill check out that web site....

8)

Tags
light, low light

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com