Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 04-03-2006, 11:52 PM   #11
Aquarium Advice Freak

Send a message via AIM to TheRealFF
Got ownt hehe. Alright i was wrong yet... again. O well sorry for the bad advice

Mayb i should start some sort of alliance, mayb a clan with someone to side with me

JK

o yea, as for giving out advices, im looking at this forum about 2-3 hours a day now day so... if i see strange questions that i can give an answer to... i tend to give advices anyway. Hey most of them are right! If im wrong, feel free to correct me but in good ways

Don't mess with me or u mess with the reefnuts' clan!

I am one of those reefnuts that are actually nuts!
TheRealFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2006, 12:01 AM   #12
Aquarium Advice Addict

RealFF that is what we are all here for. As long as the correct info gets out no harm done. At least you are trying.

Quote:
Mayb i should start some sort of alliance, mayb a clan with someone to side with me
Good idea. I hereby anoint thee "SIR SLINKY"

Old 04-04-2006, 03:34 AM   #13
Aquarium Advice Activist

I have a long 45 gallon. I think it is 42"Lx18"Hx12D. No other filtration just the two bio wheels and a power head to move some water around. I just got my water tested today and my water quality was perfect. I do 25% water changes every two weeks and change the charcoal pad at the same time. I originally bought the tank as a fish only setup and have been getting more and more into reef tanks. I will someday be getting a larger tank for a reef setup. I am not afraid of more work. is the sun polyp an option? Thanks, didn't mean to stir you guys up at all.
Old 04-04-2006, 09:45 AM   #14
Aquarium Advice Addict

Can you better describe your tank to include: inhabitants, LR, type of lighting(you may want to update the My Info section so it is on file). The tank you describe has potential based on dimensions. Will need to look at different filtration and adding a skimmer which may or may not be possible if you keep the eclipse hood. The eclipse system can work well for a lightly stocked FOWLR system.

Not sure on the sun polyps as I have never kept them.

Tank: 90 Gal SW Reef in the making

See my info for setup and inhabitant details:
afilter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2006, 11:48 AM   #15
AA Team Emeritus

Send a message via Yahoo to tecwzrd
As Brenden said NO lights are not going to cut it with corals. Also most very low light corals can be moderate to difficult to keep due to having to be fed since they do not use light.

If you upgraded to 260W pc like the 48" CORALIFE PC 2-65W ACTINIC / 2-65W 10,000K or the Current USA 48" 260W lights for example you would have enough for low to moderate light corals.

Also I would wait until your tank is 6+ months and stable before adding corals IMO.
Old 04-04-2006, 12:17 PM   #16
Aquarium Advice Activist

thanks guys for all of the help! looks like I will be waiting until I can get a larger tank and a more sophisticated filtration system so i can have my reef tank someday.
Old 04-04-2006, 12:22 PM   #17
AA Team Emeritus

Send a message via Yahoo to tecwzrd
Just to clarify tank size isn’t the issue, it’s the type of lighting you have. As for filtration upgrades a quality skimmer and keeping your canister clean is all that’s needed to maintain your no3 below 10 ppm.

If you haven't figured it out yet I like to BOLD links :P

Vote for AA at Aqua Rank
tecwzrd is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
coral, corals, light, low light, plant, plants

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com