lps vs. soggy (kenya tree and xenia)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jason M

Aquarium Advice Freak
Could a battle between a Kenya tree and xenia be a reason for the blastomussa and scolymia declines in my tank

If they went toxic, yes. I wouldnt just assume that though. Can you give some more information on the tank? How long have all the corals been in the tank? What is your lighting?

Can you post your parameters? I would suggest something wrong there before softies going toxic. When was last pwc?

Alk 9.0
Calcium 430
Mag I don't test
Phosphate .1 or so
Salinity 34
Nitrate between 5 and 10
Ph 8.2 maybe 8.3 hard to tell
I don't think I missed any

The corals have been there maybe for 6 months and I was thinking that I stopped target feeding my tank just broadcasting food and the scolly was slowly starving. Blastos are another hungry coral so I thought they were related incidents. I don't run carbon by the way.

Halides and pc lighting and the scolly js in low flow and the light he's been good with so far.

Oh yeah I do 10 to 20% water changes weekly on a 55g tank with a 10g sump

The scolly had new growth I can see but now his purple ring around has faded and his skin looks somewhat transparant on the warts he has on his skin. This transparency started a few days ago

Just so u know its possible I may have dinos. Not sure yet

I'm hoping the salinity isn't 1.034...if it is there is the problem. How often are you feeding? The phosphates at .1 makes me think you are overfeeding. I have a blasto in my tank and have never fed it, so I'm not sure what you mean about it being a "hungry coral".

Blastos like to eat. What is on the net anyway sand mine always except food. I keep them shaded by the way. And if it was 1.034 it would be cAlled specific gratify. I ment 34 ppt. Yes I probably do overfeed but I don't think phosphates are causing this. I have cut down a lot and they have been dropping.

Back
Top Bottom