LR/Base Rock split question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dvoros

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
First off I want to thank those people who gave me all their ideas and help while i was switching my tank over from CC to LS. A very big THANKYOU!!

Now my last question for a bit ;) :

My 40 gallon tank has about 15 or so lbs of semi live rock,<in the past i wasnt keeping up with water changes like i should have been :(> I want to add more LR and some base rock to help in the cost. How much base rock and then how much LR should i get to get a decent amount in my tank.

I am going to try to attach a pic so you all can see how much space is available. <crosses fingers>

I am very happy to have stumbled upon this forum where people are very knowledable and helpful.

Dave

You could go with 20 pounds of each. If you can get 25 live and 20 base. It will take a few months to seed the base rock but I think it is worth the wait

Your ultimate long term goal should be about 60lbs of LR in a 40g. If you already have 15 you will need 45lbs more. If you are buying your LR locally than just split it 50/50 LR to base rock. If you are buying online it is more cost efficient to just get a 40-45lb box because after you add shipping its cheaper to get 40lbs than 20lbs.

Back
Top Bottom